PO: Lightning Bolt - Hypermagic Mountain reissue

zaoza

Oh yes.  Surprised this one doesn’t have an art wraparound though, but it’s all good.

As a heads up, the band listed their allotment of the last reissue (RTS) on their bandcamp a few weeks after Thrill start taking pre-orders.  I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens again.  Was about $5 cheaper if I recall.  I enjoy supporting Thrill Jockey as well as the band directly, so it’s a win either way.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Oh yes.  Surprised this one doesn’t have an art wraparound though, but it’s all good.

As a heads up, the band listed their allotment of the last reissue (RTS) on their bandcamp a few weeks after Thrill start taking pre-orders.  I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens again.  Was about $5 cheaper if I recall.  I enjoy supporting Thrill Jockey as well as the band directly, so it’s a win either way.

FYI Thrill Jockey told me they handle the Bandcamp orders as well so maybe they get a cut of those too.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:48 PM, Derek™ said:

I hope so. By the time I heard about this the colored variant was already sold out.

15 minutes ago, DoublesGuy said:

I hope so. By the time I heard about this the colored variant was already sold out.

I’d highly suggest following their bandcamp because you’ll get an e-mail notification the moment they go live.  Just to be safe though, I’ll bump this thread when it happens — if Zaoza doesn’t beat me to it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

USPS attempted to deliver this today, but left a Delivery Notice with a note saying that I owe $3.23 for shipping.  I’m 99% sure I paid shipping costs; I’ve never seen anything like this before.  Anyone familiar?

Had this happen with a package that was addressed to me wrong (left off apt #) and turned out to be undeliverable - they charged the media mail fee again to basically reroute to the correct address.
I would contact TJ, they would probably reimburse you if there was an error.

19 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

This is now up on their bandcamp, if you’re still looking for a copy.

https://lightningbolt.bandcamp.com/album/hypermagic-mountain

Going to chance it and hold out till tomorrow because of this https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/bandcamp-covid-19-fundraiser