PO: The Format - Live at The Mayan

tatom

spacer.png

spacer.png

On June 14th, 2007, The Format played a career-spanning 21-song show at The Mayan Theatre in Los Angeles that included Dog Problems in-full. There was a film crew on hand to document the evening, and it was subsequently released on DVD as the aptly titled Live at The Mayan.

Now, nearly 13 years later, Live at The Mayan is finally available on vinyl! You can order it here.

The night has been split up into two separate releases that you can order separately or bundled with a t-shirt:

- Dog Problems, in-full, on bone 2xLP vinyl with a 11" x 17" poster insert.

- Encore, featuring 9 additional songs, in Coke Bottle Green vinyl with a 11" x 17" poster insert.

In addition to the vinyl drop, on February 4th Live At The Mayan will be available for the first time to listen to on Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon, and watch on Amazon Prime Video and YouTube. It will be added to the iTunes Video Store at a later date.

Edited by tatom

Looks to be about:

177 left for  Live at the Mayan Theatre: Dog Problems - Limited Edition 12" Bone Double Vinyl

182 for Live at the Mayan Theatre: Encore - Limited Edition 12" Coke Bottle Green Vinyl

584 for Dog Problems - Standard Edition 12" Double Black Vinyl

565 for Interventions & Lullabies - Standard Edition 12" Black Vinyl

atleast that's what they let you add to cart for each.

44 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I wanna grab the reissues of older stuff but I just do not have the cash for it right now. Hope the lack of indication that they're limited means they'll be around.....

You should be fine. They came out with the black versions after selling out of the white and other colored vinyl versions, and have been up on the store since. Additionally, it looks like they now started labeling things as "FINAL RUN", so if you're worried of it selling out I'd grab one if that tags above it. For the standard edition of Dog Problems, Interventions, and EP, it looks like they are doing repressings so you should still be fine.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:01 PM, woofwoofgrr said:

Looks to be about:

177 left for  Live at the Mayan Theatre: Dog Problems - Limited Edition 12" Bone Double Vinyl

182 for Live at the Mayan Theatre: Encore - Limited Edition 12" Coke Bottle Green Vinyl

584 for Dog Problems - Standard Edition 12" Double Black Vinyl

565 for Interventions & Lullabies - Standard Edition 12" Black Vinyl

atleast that's what they let you add to cart for each.

Heads up, Dog Problems at the Mayan appears to have only 10 left and the encore has 30 some if the cart availability is true

spacer.png

Got my albums in today, and they sound GREAT! I asked in the notes section of the order for Sam to sign/doodle on the covers (he did it with my OG pressings of Dog Problem and I&L so I figured I'd give it another shot with these) and this is what I got! I absolutely love them!

Also, Sam messaged me about my tweet (what I shared a few posts up) and since I had already ordered, they refunded my entire order. :wub:

Edited by nardes

11 hours ago, Captain Chrismo said:

Still contemplating on picking something up.

Side note - anyone know why Fun. basically broke up?

Publically, it really seemed to be Nate wanting to do a solo album, riding off the success of his songs with Pink and Eminem.

Behind the scenes, I think there's a lot of issues between Nate and Jack. Nate dated Rachel (Jack's sister) for a long time, and when they broke up it was not that far off from when fun. broke up. Plus if you look Jack and Andrew always support each other with their different things, but Nate has completely dropped off from anything with them.

Edited by nardes

So the film's "Viewing Party" last night at the Hello warehouse ended up being a cover up, and was actually a surprise acoustic set from Nate and Sam! 

They announced that they are going to be doing a little run of shows soon (I think next month) in NYC, Chicago, and Phoenix. Those should be announced today!

Also a fun fact, it was 12 years ago TODAY that they announced their breakup... and 5 years ago today that fun. announced their breakup.

Also, they had these shirts there last night:

spacer.png

Edited by nardes

29 minutes ago, nardes said:

Also a fun fact, it was 12 years ago TODAY that they announced their breakup... and 5 years ago today that fun. announced their breakup.

Fun. haven't ever announced they are breaking up.  They did say they are taking some time off to work on other things....

1 hour ago, nardes said:

So the film's "Viewing Party" last night at the Hello warehouse ended up being a cover up, and was actually a surprise acoustic set from Nate and Sam! 

They announced that they are going to be doing a little run of shows soon (I think next month) in NYC, Chicago, and Phoenix. Those should be announced today!

Also, they had these shirts there last night:

spacer.png

Damn, I didn't know the viewing party was a thing! That new warehouse is like 3 miles from my house 😕

Glad to hear about a show happening though!