(PO NOW) The Undertones - West Bank Songs 1978-1983: A Best Of 2XLP (Purple and White) (28.02.2020)

spacer.png

- 30 career-spanning tracks, 1978-1983, compiled by The Undertones

- Features 7 top 40 hits (including 4 top 20s): Teenage Kicks, My Perfect Cousin, Here Comes The Summer, Jimmy Jimmy, You've Got My Number (Why Don’t You Use It!), Wednesday Week, It’s Going To Happen plus the Kevin Shields remix of Get Over You

- Tracks from their 4 original studio albums: ‘The Undertones’ (1979), ‘Hypnotised’ (1980), ‘Positive Touch’ (1981) and ‘The Sin Of Pride’ (1983)

- Gatefold sleeve with purple and white coloured vinyl

- 12 page insert with sleeve notes by Undertones bassist Michael Bradley and Mick Houghton, author of the book ‘Fried & Justified: Hits, Myths, Break-Ups and Breakdowns in the Record Business 1978-98’. Also includes previously unseen band photos.

- Mastered from HD master sources, under the supervision of Undertones guitarist Damian O’Neill

- Sleeve concept by The Undertones, based on The Rolling Stones ‘Aftermath’ cover – an important influence

The Undertones formed in Derry, Northern Ireland in 1974 and are one of the most successful bands to have emerged from Northern Ireland. Famously championed by John Peel, who’s favourite all-time track was Teenage Kicks they released thirteen singles and four studio albums 1978 – 1983, before Sharkey announced his intention to leave in May 1983. The band re-formed in 1999 with singer Paul McLoone, subsequently recorded 2 new albums and have been touring regularly ever since.
SIDE 1
1 You've Got My Number (Why Don't You Use It!)  
2 Male Model  
3 Hypnotised  
4 Billy's Third  
5 The Way Girls Talk  
6 True Confessions  
7 Wednesday Week  
8 (She's A) Runaround  
9 There Goes Norman  
SIDE 2
1 Teenage Kicks  
2 Tearproof  
3 Jump Boys  
4 The Love Parade  
5 Soul Seven  
6 Girls Don't Like It  
7 You're Welcome  
8 Listening In  
SIDE 3
1 Jimmy Jimmy  
2 When Saturday Comes  
3 Julie Ocean  
4 My Perfect Cousin  
5 Family Entertainment  
6 Beautiful Friend  
7 I Know A Girl  
SIDE 4
1 Get Over You (Kevin Shields Remix 2016)  
2 Girls That Don't Talk  
3 Forever Paradise  
4 Here Comes The Summer  
5 It's Going To Happen  
6 Bittersweet

Buy here