PO: Sparta-Trust The River

18 minutes ago, voltagedrop said:

Because trying to sound different on each album really worked out for the Mars Volta.

We knew that though. Pitchfork stated that they were ersatz shit. Mere pimpwork and masturbatory, at best. And we all know that Sparta made the grade from Pitchy with the exception of the tame-core album Threes.

Edited by tetsuodaironman

I have no horse in this race but I just wanted to say that you really gotta’ stop citing Pitchfork or treating them as any remotely credible tastemaker.  It was a funny shtick for a little while there... but when I realized you’re serious, it’s just become incredibly depressing.

7 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I'm not familiar with Canada's loony toony cartoon money, all I know is that anytime I've ever ordered anything from there in the past it costs like $15 more lol

The Canadian dollar has been weak as fuck for something like the last 3 or 4 years, before that it was stronger than the US dollar. But... you still gotta pay for shipping from another country and there’s not gonna be a $5-6 media mail option. So Buff hitting you with the “but this is $17” bit is BULLSHIT.  Cheapest I can get the shitty white version is in the $28 range.  Throw in an extra $10 CAD trying to snag the most elusive of any Dine Alone variant and you are way up in the ‘fuck that’ price zone. If this album doesn’t wind up being completely terrible (doubt that) then BullMoose usually gets DA stuff.

4 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Good luck with that since one of those dudes is in a coma currently 

While Juan has been the longest running bassist in group, he is their 5th bassist. I dont think that would hold them up if they really wanted to do this. I do hope Juan pulls out of the coma

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...