Shure M97xE cartridge replacement.

Noticed some skipping on my Technics SL-D1 lately, and realized it's probably past time to change the stylus. But, lo and behold, Shure got out of the Phono game! Does anybody have any good replacement recommendations for a standard mount cartridge in the $100-150 range (currently using a Shure M97xE)?

Edited by smailtronic

I had moved from the Ortofon Red to the Nagaoka. The Red had a more clinical quality, whereas the Nagaoka was more laid back and warm as they say. I personally prefer the Nagaoka. I haven't heard the Blue but I imagine it has similar sonic qualities as the Red. Not to say the Red or Blue aren't good cartridges. It's mostly about personal preference and budget in this case.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 5:00 PM, Smellman said:

I had moved from the Ortofon Red to the Nagaoka. The Red had a more clinical quality, whereas the Nagaoka was more laid back and warm as they say. I personally prefer the Nagaoka. I haven't heard the Blue but I imagine it has similar sonic qualities as the Red. Not to say the Red or Blue aren't good cartridges. It's mostly about personal preference and budget in this case.

Did the same switch and am pleased. Played a few of my old Blue Note records and they sounded great. Haven't installed a new cart in forever and this one with the bolt and nut thing was a little tricky. I kept fearing that I would drop one of those nuts and they would be nearly impossible to find. Also, that's what she said.