PO: The Reign of Kindo - Rhythm, Chord & Melody

http://www.candyrat.com/artists/thereignofkindo/rhythmchordandmelodylp/

Limited Edition 2 x 180g Vinyl (Pre-Order)

They will ship by the summer of 2020.

Due to popular demand, we are taking pre-orders for a double 180g pressing of our 2008 debut LP, Rhythm, Chord & Melody! To make things even sweeter, you can pre-order an exclusive bundle with a signed poster + t-shirt!

We need to reach 350 pre-orders to raise the money needed to make the pressing happen. Our deadline to reach this goal is April 4th. Secure your's now and spread the word!

*(Don't sweat. If for any reason we are unable to reach our goal, your money will be fully refunded.)

Open ended pre-order, weird move that I've never seen. Usually this type of format is Kickstarter or one of its equivalents. Pretty pricey at $40 as well. 

I saw the topic and was very excited. Now, not so much. I doubt they reach their goal, especially at this price. Wish they had a better label or something--I don't know where the blame lies because this is an incredibly talented band. Really want This is What Happens and Play With Fire but this pretty much assures we'll never get those. Am I being overly pessimistic? 

• 1 month later...

They just updated saying they're less than 150 pre-orders away from making this happen. Took a month to get to that point, so not sure I'm quite ready to have my money hang in limbo just yet. Might slide my pre-order in a week before their goal date and see what happens.

On 2/5/2020 at 12:01 AM, erasedtapes said:

That really is weird. I'm assuming it's just black? If so, that'd be the most expensive standard 2xLP I've seen. This album is nostalgic af for me, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. 

On 2/5/2020 at 12:20 AM, backpackoat said:

I saw the topic and was very excited. Now, not so much. I doubt they reach their goal, especially at this price. Wish they had a better label or something--I don't know where the blame lies because this is an incredibly talented band. Really want This is What Happens and Play With Fire but this pretty much assures we'll never get those. Am I being overly pessimistic? 

If it helps at all from what I've seen their most recent album was self released by them as well on vinyl and it's super high quality, both in terms of physical presentation and the pressing quality. 

8 hours ago, dapeebs said:

If it helps at all from what I've seen their most recent album was self released by them as well on vinyl and it's super high quality, both in terms of physical presentation and the pressing quality. 

I do have that one actually, and you're right--it's an excellent package. I really like this band a lot and want them to press everything and succeed but I think the price point is a really hard thing to overcome. I don't know how big their following is but I assume it's modest, which makes it even tougher. 150 is a lot more to go especially considering that the lion's share of most preorders (I'm assuming) come in when it first goes up. Just wish there was another way for these records. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...