OUT NOW: The Used - Heartwork (4/24/20)

Imagine you’re in a band and have to basically repurpose your own album art from 2004 – an era when you were relevant to the scene – as a means of baiting people into checking out your 2020 output.  Con artists.  I wonder how many ex-Hot Topic employees will see this release, recognize the noose-heart, and think wow I really liked that album a decade and a half ago and I guess this will sound just as good ‘cause why else would they use the same art again right I mean it’s got to be decent lol a return to form maybe I dunno guess I’ll at least stream it.

Big brain Bert.

16 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Imagine you’re in a band and have to basically repurpose your own album art from 2004 – an era when you were relevant to the scene – as a means of baiting people into checking out your 2020 output.  Con artists.  I wonder how many ex-Hot Topic employees will see this release, recognize the noose-heart, and think wow I really liked that album a decade and a half ago and I guess this will sound just as good ‘cause why else would they use the same art again right I mean it’s got to be decent lol a return to form maybe I dunno guess I’ll at least stream it.

Big brain Bert.

they said they did the name because it sounds like artwork and the heart to resemble in love and death to celebrate their 20 years as a band and to have like easter eggs to the past.

14 minutes ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

Just picked up the splatter from my record store. It reminds me of the blink NINE splatter(s). No download code.

https://imgur.com/a/fgvG7Z3

the DL code was a hopeless records thing. 

but very nice. 

questions,  is the PA printed on or a sticker?  picture sleeves or regular white sleeves?

Edited by gutterball1

6 hours ago, gutterball1 said:

the DL code was a hopeless records thing. 

but very nice. 

questions,  is the PA printed on or a sticker?  picture sleeves or regular white sleeves?

It is printed on the cover. Picture sleeves. It actually isn't gatefold.

https://imgur.com/a/1Uh1y16

Edited by Wasda Deelwifkramer

1 minute ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

It is printed on the sleeve. White sleeves. It actually isn't gatefold.

that is strange that its not a gate fold.  I know not all doubles are gatefolds but I thought this would be for sure.  its almost a standard today especially for double LPs.  and especially since the CD is a gatefold.  the printed sleeves have become pretty standard too so double whammy.

'the canyon' release on hopeless was very nice, gatefold and printed sleeves.  starting in 2016 hopeless records made the nicest vinyl releases for their artists.  you kind of punched me in the gut with the info you gave me.  lol.

6 hours ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

It is printed on the sleeve. Picture sleeves. It actually isn't gatefold.

https://imgur.com/a/1Uh1y16

Ok so it is picture sleeves.  I’m just seeing your edit now. That’s cool.

4 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Is this mf talking to himself? Both these guys are tug right?

Lol what? 

Edited by gutterball1

On 2/7/2020 at 5:52 AM, 2notepockets said:

Saw Carcass post about this for ripping off their untouchable classic album's title....

This is surely a contender for worst album of the year just based on the track names alone...

On 2/7/2020 at 7:00 AM, erikness said:

I seriously wish this was the Used covering the Carcass album in full. 

Jepha was asked in an interview about this today and he said they didn’t know that the name was already used when they picked it. 

On 4/25/2020 at 6:48 PM, gutterball1 said:

Great album. Really great. And all the variants are translucent and look awesome. 

Since when is tug back??

Also, actually decided to give this a listen at least for the Jason Aalon Butler track.

Actually enjoyed the album, color me surprised. Better than some of their other recent work.

• jhulud locked this topic