Red Sparowes - The Fear Is Excruciating, But Therein Lies The Answer (repress)

On 2/7/2020 at 10:26 PM, morfiend said:

They’re playing Roadburn this year and just announced a warm up gig in LA in April. I’m glad they’re finally active again.

They're not active.  They're only playing Roadburn because $$$$ and Emma is curating the festival this year. 

I wouldn't count on any further shows.  I hope to god that I'm wrong, because they're incredible, but I wouldn't hold out any hope for further gigs sadly. 

7 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

They're not active.  They're only playing Roadburn because $$$$ and Emma is curating the festival this year. 

I wouldn't count on any further shows.  I hope to god that I'm wrong, because they're incredible, but I wouldn't hold out any hope for further gigs sadly. 

I don’t know man,  the bassist says they’re “honored to be back” in a recent interview.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/red-sparowes-reuniting-playing-roadburn/

At any rate, hopefully these shows spawn something new from the band.  I don’t think they’re playing Roadburn just for money, they seem to love the festival and with Emma curating it’s a special event. 

21 hours ago, morfiend said:

I don’t know man,  the bassist says they’re “honored to be back” in a recent interview.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/red-sparowes-reuniting-playing-roadburn/

At any rate, hopefully these shows spawn something new from the band.  I don’t think they’re playing Roadburn just for money, they seem to love the festival and with Emma curating it’s a special event. 

Yeah I think he means back to playing once again.  I hope I'm wrong, but with how busy Emma already is.... i'm not sure it's in the cards. 

Just checked the link, Emma literally says "exclusive performance".  Being back means back on stage in this context I guess. 

At least we have the records!

• 1 month later...