PO: GAYTHEIST, "How Long Have I Been On Fire" LP

spacer.png

Portland, OR's own Gaytheist returns with their 5th full length record and their finest work to date.
13 songs of KABOOM rock, depression anthems and various attempts at communication. Feedback, rhythm and speed, it is an amalgamation of punk, hardcore, metal, and wild rock.
Incredibly catchy leads and soaring vocals are carried by subatomic, weighty bass grumblings while a tornado of drum wailing knocks the listener on their ass.
Oh, and they're really funny too. Who says metal has to be so serious all the time?
“How Long Have I Been On Fire?” captures a band able to dissect serious topics and weighty feelings while exuding the essence of joy through anthemic and completely kick-ass music.

First single and pre-order is up over here:  https://hexrecords.bandcamp.com/album/gaytheist-how-long-have-i-been-on-fire

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, waxstatic said:

love the new song too! thanks for the heads up, ok so it was $15 for the record & $22 shipping eeeek, still worth it :)

That's very kind of you, thanks.  It literally costs that much just to send a single LP overseas. Ridiculous.  I try to make up for it with some bonus stuff in all orders.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:48 AM, hexrecords said:

Gaytheist returns with KABOOM depression and wild rock.
Incredibly weighty ass captures a band while exuding the essence of joy through ass.

I never post because I am a sourpuss & busy fucking stuffed animals, but I would like to thank hexrecords.  Though new to Gaytheist and really quite tender, I listened to "Hornswoggled" & (especially) "The Deep Dark" on repeat a bunch of yesterday. Bought a copy, want more.

Wish I still lived in Seattle so I could go see them at the Comet a/o High Dive. If such things still exist... [[[human feelings]]] No, wait: Uncle Rocky's w/ Bloodhag & I get an A.E. van Vogt novel out of the deal.

4 hours ago, conedust said:

I never post because I am a sourpuss & busy fucking stuffed animals, but I would like to thank hexrecords.  Though new to Gaytheist and really quite tender, I listened to "Hornswoggled" & (especially) "The Deep Dark" on repeat a bunch of yesterday. Bought a copy, want more.

Wish I still lived in Seattle so I could go see them at the Comet a/o High Dive. If such things still exist... [[[human feelings]]] No, wait: Uncle Rocky's w/ Bloodhag & I get an A.E. van Vogt novel out of the deal.

Thank you!  I genuinely hope they are able to get out and play a bunch (as they have planned throughout the spring and summer) once things get a bit back to normal.  All pre-orders will be shipped in early April.

• 3 weeks later...