PO : Presidents Of The United States Of America - S/T

gazzo

Just recieved my copy.

Here's a brief review.

Very thin paper jacket.

Simple insert with cover art.

LP in standard paper sleeve.

My record is without scratches or sleeve scuffs and is completely flat. A miracle it's not warped, as it seems every record I buy has some degree of edge warp.

I think the LP sounded pretty good. No surface noise. Played clean. 

It's a bare bones re-release, but I'm happy to own a copy.

18 hours ago, kylet said:

I hope they can replace it. I spent $46 bucks on this LP 😥

Hey, if you can, update the thread on what they say. I know most artists/ labels prepare for this, but this is not exactly the new Jeff Rosenstock. I'm now a little paranoid (not that I would care TOO much) because mine has started moving. 

23 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Hey, if you can, update the thread on what they say. I know most artists/ labels prepare for this, but this is not exactly the new Jeff Rosenstock. I'm now a little paranoid (not that I would care TOO much) because mine has started moving. 

I was actually coming to post this morning!

I spoke with the 3rd party distributor about it. They asked me to verify if the vinyl itself is okay (which it is), and said since it's a signed copy it's a little bit trickier, but they're working to get a signed replacement jacket into my hands!

"Okie doke! Can you confirm your shipping address? I'll arrange for a new jacket to be sent to you next week. 😀"

Very happy to get a quick response from them about it!

1 minute ago, kylet said:

I was actually coming to post this morning!

I spoke with the 3rd party distributor about it. They asked me to verify if the vinyl itself is okay (which it is), and said since it's a signed copy it's a little bit trickier, but they're working to get a signed replacement jacket into my hands!

"Okie doke! Can you confirm your shipping address? I'll arrange for a new jacket to be sent to you next week. 😀"

Very happy to get a quick response from them about it!

That's awesome! Glad to hear that they are able to replace it, and now you can just slap one in a frame and call it art! 

I got my copy over the weekend, no shipping notice or anything, just showed up. Surprisingly it was in perfect condition, even with the flimsy cardboard mailer. As others have said the package is super flimsy, almost feels like the jacket would blow away in a breeze. Still somehow, no dents, dings, or creases (which amazes me), and the record itself is awesome. Looks great and sounds great. For those who are wondering about leftovers or future presses here is an excerpt from my most recent email from Kickstarter.

I missed the Kickstarter, can I buy an album? OR Can I purchase extra albums?

Bummer. If we have any Kickstarter copies left over after fulfilling orders, we will make them available to purchase, sign up for email at presidentsrock.com to keep in the loop on that.

If there are no leftovers, fear not, a plain black version of the album will be available to purchase in the fall via your favorite local record store. Let your local record shop know you want them to reserve you a copy and that they can order from Burnside Distro. NOTE! Burnside is not going to take direct-to-fan orders; you need to get the record through a shop. Support your local record store! Please! They need you! Just call them up and tell them what you want, and we're sure they'll be happy to help make it happen!

Not as lucky here unfortunately. Got it today-saw the cardboard mailer with a folded corner and knew I was going to be disappointed. Lower right corner of the jacket has a nasty crease and the vinyl has an audible warp off and on through the first side. I've reached out to the distro and hopefully they will help out!

Edited by RedRabbit

1 hour ago, RedRabbit said:

Not as lucky here unfortunately. Got it today-saw the cardboard mailer with a folded corner and knew I was going to be disappointed. Lower right corner of the jacket has a nasty crease and the vinyl has an audible warp off and on through the first side. I've reached out to the distro and hopefully they will help out!

I've never seen such a cheap flimsy mailer before. I can't believe mine had no damage. Hope they can help you. A friend of mine got in on this Kickstarter and he said his is part of a 2nd pressing? Or atleast that's how he worded it? Maybe they are still pressing these and can make it right. 

1 hour ago, Cardboard_Robot said:

I've never seen such a cheap flimsy mailer before. I can't believe mine had no damage. Hope they can help you. A friend of mine got in on this Kickstarter and he said his is part of a 2nd pressing? Or atleast that's how he worded it? Maybe they are still pressing these and can make it right. 

Honestly, I thought it was a poorly packed ebay auction record at first glance. Shipping a single LP with a paper thin sleeve in such a crappy mailer is asking for headaches.

2 hours ago, Cardboard_Robot said:

They said via Kickstarter they are still being pressed. That's probably what he meant.

7 minutes ago, Uw0tm8 said:

You’re making me really nervous, guys... instead of heading north, mine got sent to Miami. At least it’s moving 🙄

Spontaneous think-tank session: a PIXAR-type movie where mail packages have personalities, and a group of them decide to fraudulently change their destination to Miami to finally see the ocean and go on vacation. One of them is a record with a sad corner bump.