Action Figures

I used to collect in box Black Series 6" myself :) It's a really great hobby, but i had to give it up because i needed the cash for other things. And to be quite honest, I started the collectionΒ  hoping that they would eventually bring out every major character in the 2015+ red line. When the split up the 6 bounty hunters on the numbered line, the store exclusive unnumbered ones and the archive collection it bugged me a little bit, my little ocd i guess :D

Β 

I still buy the occasional figure though and have kept a few. The last one i bought was the sith trooper sdcc exclusive, fits to the other exclusive slip case editions very nicely and it's a great character design.

Β 

This used to be my collection, they were all mint and in box :)

0eh9eo1zj9m21.jpg

3 hours ago, Vega said:

I used to collect in box Black Series 6" myself :) It's a really great hobby, but i had to give it up because i needed the cash for other things. And to be quite honest, I started the collectionΒ  hoping that they would eventually bring out every major character in the 2015+ red line. When the split up the 6 bounty hunters on the numbered line, the store exclusive unnumbered ones and the archive collection it bugged me a little bit, my little ocd i guess :D

Β 

I still buy the occasional figure though and have kept a few. The last one i bought was the sith trooper sdcc exclusive, fits to the other exclusive slip case editions very nicely and it's a great character design.

Β 

This used to be my collection, they were all mint and in box :)

0eh9eo1zj9m21.jpg

Daaaaaaaaang. That's beautiful. I'm not s huge in box guy, so I'll be opening and posing/playing with mine. I know they don't keep their value as much that way, but I can't help myself. Trying to get myself to hold out for a Boba Fett reissue and trying to find a Mando!

When I was a tyke, I remember the pre-order for the original Star Wars figures set. I remember thinking that they looked cheap and small, since G.I. Joes and Mego were bigger. I did end up collecting many of the original figures, but sold them a long time ago. Then when Power of the Force came out, I went crazy with those and also the dolls. At one point, I would wait in front of Kaybee toys in the mall, and when they rolled up the gates a bunch of us losers would run in and snag the new stuff off the shelves. One of the workers put a Boba doll out of reach and me and this other dude were jumping up to get it. Finally, I just climbed on the shelving and snagged it. It was comical. I ended up selling my boxes and boxes of unopened figures and dolls in one shot, thankfully. Long story short(too late), I don't collect toys anymore and hope to hell that I never do!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 11:15 PM, KyleHL said:

I’m actually a toy designer for a living. How bout that?

How bout that?

On 2/26/2020 at 5:36 AM, diabretic said:

I quit buying them about a year and a half ago (I moved and just never found a spot for them at my new place) , but I've got a decent sized collection of Black Series figures. I plan on buying that Baby Yoda when it comes out though.

That Baby Yoda is super cute. You'll have to snag a Mando to go with it though!

Β 

I'm mainly just getting original trilogy characters (and Mandalorian). Thankfully the only figure that really sells over MSRP I have to get is Boba Fett and allegedly he's getting another release soon. I can't convince myself to get different versions of the same character either, so that'll save me some cash.

Β 

On 2/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, lexicondevil said:

When I was a tyke, I remember the pre-order for the original Star Wars figures set. I remember thinking that they looked cheap and small, since G.I. Joes and Mego were bigger. I did end up collecting many of the original figures, but sold them a long time ago. Then when Power of the Force came out, I went crazy with those and also the dolls. At one point, I would wait in front of Kaybee toys in the mall, and when they rolled up the gates a bunch of us losers would run in and snag the new stuff off the shelves. One of the workers put a Boba doll out of reach and me and this other dude were jumping up to get it. Finally, I just climbed on the shelving and snagged it. It was comical. I ended up selling my boxes and boxes of unopened figures and dolls in one shot, thankfully. Long story short(too late), I don't collect toys anymore and hope to hell that I never do!

I donno dude...the Black Series are pretty sweet...

15 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Oh, hell no. When I got rid of those toys it was a huge burden lifted off myself. I did buy another 8 cubby Kallax for records, though.πŸ€ͺ

I listed mine for sale in several star wars collecting groups for a really great price, but since I wanted to sell as a lot no one bit on it.

The only action figures I ever collected (and by that I mean held onto as a means of entertainment AND investment) were the World of Springfield Simpsons toys.

Β 

I had everything (including the Toyfare, Toys R Us, EB, etc exclusives) in duplicate; one opened to play with and one sealed. Sold them in a lot at some point when I was in college because I was sick of moving them around and made more money that I would have now I think. They were still in production and I think I quit between Waves 8 and 10.

Β 

What made them so cool was the fact that they all had a chip on their foot and when you put them in a playset locking their foot in place you could press a button and it would play a quote of that character in that scene. As time when on, they made new playsets and that would allow for more phrases from the characters. It was super cool.

Here's a decent overview

14 hours ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

The only action figures I ever collected (and by that I mean held onto as a means of entertainment AND investment) were the World of Springfield Simpsons toys.

Β 

I had everything (including the Toyfare, Toys R Us, EB, etc exclusives) in duplicate; one opened to play with and one sealed. Sold them in a lot at some point when I was in college because I was sick of moving them around and made more money that I would have now I think. They were still in production and I think I quit between Waves 8 and 10.

Β 

What made them so cool was the fact that they all had a chip on their foot and when you put them in a playset locking their foot in place you could press a button and it would play a quote of that character in that scene. As time when on, they made new playsets and that would allow for more phrases from the characters. It was super cool.

Here's a decent overview

I think I remember these. Pretty sweet!

I've been a hardcore toy collector for about 20 years.Β  Β Action figure wise I mainly focus on horror, but I haveΒ recently started to dabble in the Star Wars Black Series.Β  I also collect Funko Pops, which I cast a much wider net as to what I deem "fits" into the collection.Β Β 

So along with my record and poster collecting habits, my life is pretty much like a high MSRP rendition of hoarders.