PO NOW: Neck Deep - All Distortions Are Intentional (July 24th)

1 minute ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

I really like the album. I've got then When You Know variant on order. I am tempted to order another one.

Same. I will say this: I can definitely tell a difference in the drumming and guitar work this time around. Matt Squire is notorious for his hate of riffs and any breakdowns. Great recent example of this is Underoath's Erase Me. In the 'Making Of' doc, he specifically says during pre-pro that they need to get rid of all the breakdowns and another time state this song will be good if they can stay away from riffs. Yet i think that's what UO wanted, and that could also be the case with ND here. Maybe they really wanted to depart from that old sound. 

Got my signed copy today. Album is definitely better than what I expected given that I didn't like the 3 singles, though in the context of the album I don't find myself wanting to skip them. First listen was definitely jarring as all of the aggression and snarl was completely gone. But I think it'll grow on me like the last TSSF album.

I still haven't even got a shipping confirmation yet so I emailed MerchNow customer service.  I had also ordered the ALIR box set because it was on sale. I guess it came with a free mask.

Your order has an out of stock item, the MayDay Parade Mask (which will not be being reordered) which is delaying your shipment.
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about getting your order shipped out until it has processed through the inventory check.
If you would prefer not to wait, we can cancel your order for a full refund. Please let us know if that's what you'd like to do.
Thank you for your patience!

Edited by Wasda Deelwifkramer

3 hours ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

So frustrating. My two options are either cancel my order (she can't guarantee that I'll be able to re-order the ND vinyl) or I don't do anything and never get my order because the mask won't be re-ordered.

Doesn't get much worse than Merchnow... I wish Hopeless wouldn't use them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, N8TRU said:

It looks like the band is off Hopeless Records. The copyright is TB Records and I have no idea who that is.

So TB Records is all over the Peace and the Panic artwork, and I think on the thank yous as well. It's Terry Barlow, who I believe was Ben and Seb's late father. I may have heard something about him wanting to own a record store/label in the past? I don't know...

Point is, I think it's an independent release at least for now.

Edited by HardlineKid

51 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

So TB Records is all over the Peace and the Panic artwork, and I think on the thank yous as well. It's Terry Barlow, who I believe was Ben and Seb's late father. I may have heard something about him wanting to own a record store/label in the past? I don't know...

Point is, I think it's an independent release at least for now.

Yea I bet your right. TB Records is just the name their using as their now independent. I wanna say I recall it being mentioned that Terry was somehow involved in the music industry, I think ND even joked of it in some songs off LNOTGY. Terry passed away back in October 2015. He was inspiration behind "19 Seventy Sumthin" off The Peace and the Panic. So he's obviously no longer involved with anything but still a cool touching tribute to their dad using his initials