Jarv Is... - Beyond The Pale LP (Jarvis Cocker) & Remix LP

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Record store /500 Yellow with 200 signed art cards.

I get the package. In the box with the record is a smaller sealed envelope. It must have been the signed the art card. I was ecstatic. Opened it and pulled out a postcard with the inner label art on one side. I flip it over and see no sig.

I'm guessing they made 500 of these envelopes with 300 being blank postcards so that it was random.  Went from being pumped up to super bummed in about 20 seconds. 

Anyway, pretty great record. Kinda feels like it should have been produced by James Murphy. Feels like a DFA record, but without that DFA sound.

13 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Got the Record store /500 Yellow with 200 signed art cards.

I get the package. In the box with the record is a smaller sealed envelope. It must have been the signed the art card. I was ecstatic. Opened it and pulled out a postcard with the inner label art on one side. I flip it over and see no sig.

I'm guessing they made 500 of these envelopes with 300 being blank postcards so that it was random.  Went from being pumped up to super bummed in about 20 seconds. 

Anyway, pretty great record. Kinda feels like it should have been produced by James Murphy. Feels like a DFA record, but without that DFA sound.

Yeah I’m pretty sure the original wording was randomly inserted signed after cards.  And knowing that I never ever get random shit like that, I passed on it

• 2 weeks later...

PO Soon: both “jarvis” and “further complications” are getting reissued this year. november 27 release date. the only preorder link i can find so far is on amazon uk for Jarvis. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jarvis-Parental-Advisory-VINYL-Cocker/dp/B000JMKCUC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=jarvis+cocker+vinyl&qid=1597975213&sr=8-1

• 2 months later...
  • CeCeCe changed the title to Jarv Is... - Beyond The Pale LP (Jarvis Cocker) & Remix LP