PO: Shiner - SCHADENFREUDE

1 hour ago, copelandkid said:

i mean given that Epley is the primary songwriter for both bands, that doesn't seem super likely. but i also haven't seen credits for this one to know for sure.

Epley is the only common denominator between the bands and while primary songwriter may be technically correct, the bands are not Allen Eppley and pals. So it isn’t weird that a band made of a majority of guys not in the life and times would put this out as the band they actually are, shiner. 

13 hours ago, jrodan said:

Epley is the only common denominator [NB: except for Paul having production/engineering credits all over TLAT's discography] between the bands and while primary songwriter may be technically correct, the bands are not Allen Eppley and pals. So it isn’t weird that a band made of a majority of guys not in the life and times would put this out as the band they actually are, shiner. 

lmao i'm clearly not asking why Shiner recorded this under their actual name. i'm asking why they recorded this in the first place when they could've told Epley to save it for the next TLAT LP. their *lead single* after 20 years off is a dead ringer for the primary songwriter's other band. sounds to me exactly like a case of, as you so succinctly put it, “Eppley and pals.”

regardless, my question was largely rhetorical. we are on like Season 5 of 90s Band Can Have a Little Reunion as a Treat and it’s good to see Shiner finally getting in on the fun. question remains as to whether they’re throwin leather seats in a Camry and calling it a Lexus, or whether we are going to get something that sounds like classic Shiner. i’m along for the ride either way

3 hours ago, copelandkid said:

lmao i'm clearly not asking why Shiner recorded this under their actual name. i'm asking why they recorded this in the first place when they could've told Epley to save it for the next TLAT LP. their *lead single* after 20 years off is a dead ringer for the primary songwriter's other band. sounds to me exactly like a case of, as you so succinctly put it, “Eppley and pals.”

regardless, my question was largely rhetorical. we are on like Season 5 of 90s Band Can Have a Little Reunion as a Treat and it’s good to see Shiner finally getting in on the fun. question remains as to whether they’re throwin leather seats in a Camry and calling it a Lexus, or whether we are going to get something that sounds like classic Shiner. i’m along for the ride either way

i think you are downplaying the roles of the other guys in both bands. but whatever, song is good, and i am glad shiner is back.