Metallica Me, Please (Vinyl Club) + Other Metallica Vinyl Stuffs...cuz why not.

Man I'm fucking tempted... but concerning the limited aspect of this (closing the entering on march 31st) they have fooled their fans a lot in the past...the dm coffin box that was supposed to be such a collectors item was manifatured cheaply and is now available for 40 bucks on ebay, and so on... but i'm still really tempted.

I was thinking about getting the deluxe boxes in the past weeks... does anyone have these an can report on the pressing quality?

54 minutes ago, Vega said:

Man I'm fucking tempted... but concerning the limited aspect of this (closing the entering on march 31st) they have fooled their fans a lot in the past...the dm coffin box that was supposed to be such a collectors item was manifatured cheaply and is now available for 40 bucks on ebay, and so on... but i'm still really tempted.

I was thinking about getting the deluxe boxes in the past weeks... does anyone have these an can report on the pressing quality?

They are the same pressing quality as the Deluxe repress Versions Blackened pressed. They are good but not the best. I still keep my originals and 45rpm pressings but just got them for the extras/live versions. Still looking for Masters. Only one I'm missing. The Black album should be pressed in the same manner soon I'd suspect.

20 minutes ago, bgdesign said:

They are the same pressing quality as the Deluxe repress Versions Blackened pressed. They are good but not the best. I still keep my originals and 45rpm pressings but just got them for the extras/live versions. Still looking for Masters. Only one I'm missing. The Black album should be pressed in the same manner soon I'd suspect.

Thanks for the info! Yeah the fact that Master is about 400-500 dollars on ebay right now keeps me from buying any of them haha, maybe it's for the better in terms of my wallet :'D

21 hours ago, Vega said:

My copy of AJFA is amazing.

ZERO COMPLAINTS.

As for this? $50 for four singles?

Hard pass.

28 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I dunno. I remember reading that on day one. I'm wondering how many songs on each. Seems like you could fit two on each side at 33 1/3. That would make each EP $10. Not outrageous, but I'm still mulling it over, as well.

Same boat.

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

I dunno. I remember reading that on day one. I'm wondering how many songs on each. Seems like you could fit two on each side at 33 1/3. That would make each EP $10. Not outrageous, but I'm still mulling it over, as well.

I probably misread it. Either way I'm interested to see what comes out from them. Most likely a disappointment but rather try it then miss out on a rarity. Always a dice role.

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Has there been any updates on this?

Yes.

We’re writing to update you on the status of our inaugural Vinyl Club.

Like so many well-intentioned plans this year, COVID-19 derailed our timeline a little bit.

We know you’ve been waiting - a length of time we never want to make you wait - and believe us, we’re frustrated right along with you. We know that isn’t an excuse, but it’s important to us that you know it is not our intention to do you wrong.

Manufacturing non-essential goods across several industries has been understandably and unavoidably delayed; to be perfectly honest, when we set out with this release, in a way we would do with any other, we did not expect to encounter the setbacks we have.

That being said, things are moving forward, just not as quickly as any of us would like.

At this time, we expect the first single in your Vinyl Club membership to go out in early August.

We’ll be sending you all the details about your first shipment, including the track listing and a sneak peek at the art, later this month. We can tell you that it’s going to feature a pair of live tracks from our visit to the hallowed grounds of Castle Donington back in 1987.

We’ll also notify you as soon as your shipment leaves our warehouse.

We have some cool things on deck for the additional three 7” singles coming your way, and have made adjustments to the schedule so that singles two, three, and four don’t take so long - at least that’s our plan!

A massive thank you from all of us for your patience!

The Metallica Club

• 1 month later...
  • jhulud changed the title to Metallica Me, Please (Vinyl Club) + Other Metallica Vinyl Stuffs...cuz why not.