Metallica Me, Please (Vinyl Club) + Other Metallica Vinyl Stuffs...cuz why not.

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, stl_ben said:

I must not understand what 2 weeks is.

I got you.

Two weeks can be a few things.

First, it is usually seen as a total of 14 cycles of 24 hours.

Second, in the corporate world it can be 10 cycles of 24 hours.

Finally, in no world I want anything to do with, it can be two cycles of this:  

• 4 weeks later...

The response I got from them.

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, in the course of preparing the first Vinyl Club releases, an error was identified in our quality control process and the shipments have been delayed while we address the issue. 
We apologize for the delay and we appreciate your patience while we ensure the release is delivered complete and as-described. We have begun dispatching shipments and you can expect to see tracking soon

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, merlecakes said:

It’s comical how poorly this whole Vinyl Club has gone.

I'm not a member of their vinyl club but it's baffling to me how it can go that way when you have you're own fucking vinyl press, literally. All of the new Metallica records are pressed on their own press. They have always been on the forefront when it comes to stuff like fanclub things with the fan cans back in the day etc. It's a bummer this didn't work out as planned.

The ridiculous thing is that they printed postage for all the packages over 2 months ago and then delayed them because of the membership cards of all things, not the vinyl.

Then they sent them all out recently and the post office returned them all because the postage expired. A comedy of errors.

4 hours ago, Rev. Mike said:

The ridiculous thing is that they printed postage for all the packages over 2 months ago and then delayed them because of the membership cards of all things, not the vinyl.

Then they sent them all out recently and the post office returned them all because the postage expired. A comedy of errors.

I moved 2 months ago and they wouldn't change my address.....now they reprinted the postage and still didn't update the address. This is a bust for me.

On 10/17/2020 at 2:54 AM, Vega said:

I'm not a member of their vinyl club but it's baffling to me how it can go that way when you have you're own fucking vinyl press, literally. All of the new Metallica records are pressed on their own press. They have always been on the forefront when it comes to stuff like fanclub things with the fan cans back in the day etc. It's a bummer this didn't work out as planned.

From what I know: Metallica does not really own that record press. Instead they reserved pressing capacity for several years for all of their projects. Aside from the Metallica projects that press is being used for other artists' pressings. Of course it should not make a difference getting stuff done timely.

Edited by Iggy_Pilot
edit

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

Record looks cool....from the pictures I've seen online...because I still don't have it.

It's actually really cool. Not worth $70(times 4!). Don't know what the membership entails, but I'm really bummed by how much I payed. The membership ends April, I wonder if we'll be getting our last 7" in April of next year or Oct? Either way,  I feel for the for those who won't get theirs until all 4 are pressed.

1 hour ago, faaip de oiad said:

It's actually really cool. Not worth $70(times 4!). Don't know what the membership entails, but I'm really bummed by how much I payed. The membership ends April, I wonder if we'll be getting our last 7" in April of next year or Oct? Either way,  I feel for the for those who won't get theirs until all 4 are pressed.

$70 was for all 4 records, not just this one.  A little pricey at $15ish per record, but not horrible.  Especially considering they are selling for over $100 on ebay for the one record alone.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • jhulud changed the title to Metallica Me, Please (Vinyl Club) + Other Metallica Vinyl Stuffs...cuz why not.