PO: PVRIS - Use Me

Nabbed. There's also going to be a US indie exclusive on purple. I'm not sure how I feel about the shift to a major label tbh. I feel like Pvris is going to get lost in all the bands Warner has to manage, and we've already seen less and less for each release. I feel like if they had switched to Pure Noise or something, we would have got way more vinyl options and they still would've had decent publicity from the label itself. Idk, I guess we will see but I don't feel as though this is a huge improvement over Rise. The emphasis seems to be on digital streams now and I doubt they're making as much money from that as merch

Edited by Han Solo

6 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Nabbed. There's also going to be a US indie exclusive on purple. I'm not sure how I feel about the shift to a major label tbh. I feel like Pvris is going to get lost in all the bands Warner has to manage, and we've already seen less and less for each release. I feel like if they had switched to Pure Noise or something, we would have got way more vinyl options and they still would've had decent publicity from the label itself. Idk, I guess we will see but I don't feel as though this is a huge improvement over Rise. The emphasis seems to be on digital streams now and I doubt they're making as much money from that as merch

Over here in Europe the last Album release was also already on warner/bmg

19 hours ago, gazzo said:

Over here in Europe the last Album release was also already on warner/bmg

I’m pretty sure that was just for distribution! Anyways thats my only complaint. New song is excellent, and I really like the visuals in the music video 

Edited by Han Solo

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a Pvris fan I am kinda disappointed in what is happening. Signed to a label, album delay, only 8 new songs on the record as 3 were released last year, the music videos arent as great as the black and white ones were from 2014-2018. album cover not the best, LP variants not really thought out and cool as their other 2 LPs. I wouldn't be surprised if theres no insert or download card and not be a gatefold. also the signed cds from the uk just have lynns signature on it. I understand she is doing most of the production here but come on... 

35 minutes ago, Hierophant1991 said:

As a Pvris fan I am kinda disappointed in what is happening. Signed to a label, album delay, only 8 new songs on the record as 3 were released last year, the music videos arent as great as the black and white ones were from 2014-2018. album cover not the best, LP variants not really thought out and cool as their other 2 LPs. I wouldn't be surprised if theres no insert or download card and not be a gatefold. also the signed cds from the uk just have lynns signature on it. I understand she is doing most of the production here but come on... 

if you look at all their recent promo photos, including their official artist photos on spotify, its all just lynn. really odd that theyve shifted towards just marketing the band as her.

14 hours ago, Hierophant1991 said:

They also go rid of Justin. They're trash anymore. 

• 2 months later...

SMH. they tried to use BLM as an excuse, but they already addressed that movement on June 1st. I do not think June 1st-Aug28th 3 months is necessary to address a movement so i call bull. lol Signing to Warner Records has been one of their worst mistakes ever. Im glad I can still go to Rise Records website and still see merch from their previous Eras... Vs the one shirt and sweater they have of the new album cover just plastered and thrown up for sale.

• 2 weeks later...