PO: PVRIS - Use Me

4 minutes ago, verb1999 said:

I got my Use Me CD in the mail yesterday.

Any pictures of it if you can id love to see the back album art if any unless its just plain with a tracklist which is what im expecting. 
Some distributers released the album not knowing the new release date, its been released online from a certain mp3 site and FLAC version aswell. 
Sucks but they should of just kept the original release date. 

Anyone else notice how it's just pics of Lynn in promo shots now? Spotify is 4 photos of only Lynn from the same shoot, album artwork is Lynn, Kerrang cover was just Lynn, I wanna say a recent music video was just Lynn and I haven't seen a promo photo with Alex or Brian (live shots don't count) since the EP last year. Kinda rubs me the wrong way when bands do this even if it's by choice but we all know how major labels love to get their trash directions and ideas involved. The album is good overall but definitely my least favorite.

32 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

Anyone else notice how it's just pics of Lynn in promo shots now? Spotify is 4 photos of only Lynn from the same shoot, album artwork is Lynn, Kerrang cover was just Lynn, I wanna say a recent music video was just Lynn and I haven't seen a promo photo with Alex or Brian (live shots don't count) since the EP last year. Kinda rubs me the wrong way when bands do this even if it's by choice but we all know how major labels love to get their trash directions and ideas involved. The album is good overall but definitely my least favorite.

On 4/26/2020 at 3:48 PM, tokimedo said:

if you look at all their recent promo photos, including their official artist photos on spotify, its all just lynn. really odd that theyve shifted towards just marketing the band as her.

• 3 weeks later...

First Paragraph scares me .. "On the new record, frontwoman, multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, and producer Lynn Gunn steps into a new chapter, as she owns her role as PVRIS’ leader and SOLE ARCHITECT" soooooo im guessing Alex and Brian are now just session musicians ??? kinda reminds me of the Paramore saga .. sad really ... 

Okay, I ended up with the album early and this is really growing on me! My first listen it seemed good but not mindblowing. Now, I'm listening more intensively and carefully and I think "Stay Gold" is my favourite track because of the lyrics. "Use Me" gives Tove Lo vibes. Go into this expecting pop and you won't be disappointed. It will be difficult for older fans to adjust if they're expecting it to sound like White Noise did. 

Edited by Han Solo

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah i also forgot that i had preordered this... whoops.  After listening through it twice, it's okay.  The highs are high (there's a couple good bangers on here) but there's also a lotttt of filler.  I think there's a shot if i give it more time then i'll realize the songwriting is better/more mature than prior albums and it could grow on me, but that's also not exactly what I look to Pvris for, so idk how i feel about it.

7 hours ago, booms528 said:

Yeah i also forgot that i had preordered this... whoops.  After listening through it twice, it's okay.  The highs are high (there's a couple good bangers on here) but there's also a lotttt of filler.  I think there's a shot if i give it more time then i'll realize the songwriting is better/more mature than prior albums and it could grow on me, but that's also not exactly what I look to Pvris for, so idk how i feel about it.

Yeah after a few listens the only songs that really do anything for me are good to be alive, January rain, and wish you well 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...