PO: Gleemer - down through

I love this band. They haven’t announced the album yet but they’re on their site, and if you’re anything like me, you’re a sucker for a /100 variant. 

https://otherpeoplerecords.store/collections/gleemer

edit: oops they already did announce it while I was posting this haha

Edited by CVHX

I remember preordering the /100 variant of Anymore only for the label to email saying they overcounted, so I ended up getting the black along with a free consolation LP I had to get rid of. Wish I would've gotten this /100, but I guess I'll settle for the /150 even though clear isn't my thing. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen this time around.

Dang, glad I snagged that /100 when I did. There's very few bands that I'll preorder an album without hearing a single track, but Gleemer is one of 'em.

I did go and give TTX a listen afterwards, an although I hold 'gazey Gleemer close to my heart, I like this too. This will be an interesting one for sure.

• 1 month later...

You guys see the one dude (Nick Manske) is putting out a solo project called Seer Believer on Will Yip’s label that he recorded with the other members of Gleemer? They just dropped their first single on Brooklyn Vegan, honestly doesn’t sound much different than where I see this new Gleemer record going which is sick - I’m very into it.

https://memorymusic.limitedrun.com/products/666520-seer-believer-bent

• 3 weeks later...

Another update from the band via email: 

Hello again everyone!

As if the delay wasn't already annoying enough we received an email over the weekend that the boat, and yes you are reading that correctly, BOAT, has been delayed even further. The date they gave us is now MAY 27th.

All of our vinyl comes from a plant in Prague. This is important to us because the plant we use is considered to be one of the best in the world. It costs OPR more money but to us it is well worth it because we of course want our records to be fucking sick and because not sick records are fucking whack. 

Due to this COVID situation air freighting out of Europe right now is completely shut down. The only way to get shipments here is via boat. And if you happen to live near a port, which here in LA we do, you can see boats backed up for MILES. I've seen it myself in San Pedro and Long Beach.

Having said all of this, we are once again incredibly sorry. We are offering 10% off our entire store as well as a download code of Down Through. Both the label and the band are super bummed about this but we will do our very best to make it up to you and get your records out to you as soon as humanly possible.

Thank you all so much for your support and we are always available for any questions or concerns you may have. Feel free to shoot us an email anytime. 

WIth love,
Jesse, Sav and Tom