Burning World / Roadburn Records festival sale now online

Hi all,

I’ve been quiet for a while while taking in all the news about the virus. And figuring out what it means for me personally (in my case having the kids 3 week at home and my wife working as she is a health professional) and for the store. But we'll make do, there is worse things like ...

But first I want to state that my heart goes out to all those affected by the gig and festival cancellations. Our scene (and the gig economy in general) is not that big so you know there is friends and friends of friends suffering from the cancelation of shows, the lack of income because of that which can result if no support is offered in something devastating. So if you have some money or support to spare please give or help where you can!

That said because of the crisis I don’t think our festivals like Roadburn en Desertfest London and Berlin this May will be going on as usual. Please note, I have no inside information on this so it’s all just my hunch. And please note as well that I really hope they will go on! But bands will have to cancel their tour because they can’t get healthy fees because of a lot of territories they would usually tour are no go areas now for any social contacts. So festivals will lose part of their line up any way, also they will probably be shut down by local government even if they still have a decent line up together.

If you have been to our stand at Roadburn Festival or DesertFest you know we always have sale items specially for the festivals. Items that we have (more than) enough of to make room in the warehouse for new releases and to give you a nice bargain as an extra bonus for visiting the festival and our stand.

As JJ from The Obelisk said on his Facebook: “How do we get through this? By doing what we do every phase or period in our lives. By listening to music!” I could not agree more. Now we are at home more because of the virus outbreak so also more time and opportunity of listening to music.

Luckily the postal services are still working so we can still get them to you.

What I will do is make the sale items I had planned for the festivals available online for the next few weeks. Till the crisis is over (all though I don’t see this happening till all across the world the numbers are going down) these items will be available for this price (as long as we have them). These items will include vinyl and cds from bands like Yob, Bongripper, Oranssi Pazuzu and way more.

You can find the sale part of our site on the link below. More than 60 items in total. Mostly vinyl but also some cds and shirts.

Stay safe,
Jurgen

https://www.burningworldrecords.com/collections/sale

Edited by burninworldrecs