Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fowty Dollaz

Supporting Local Shops Virtually

Recommended Posts

Hey! Weird time everyone is having, huh? 

I wanted to create a little space to share our own local shop's webstores (and horror stories about how detrimental this all is) just in case anyone wants to buy something to help keep them afloat.

I know my local is selling via Discogs 

https://www.discogs.com/seller/Redscroll/profile

Limited to One is banging out the fun on Instagram

https://instagram.com/limitedtoonenyc?igshid=13ix1z1i7xh25

 

Feel free to share yours here. Maybe through the power of boredom and the internet we can help save a store or two. 

Stay safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Hey! Weird time everyone is having, huh? 

I wanted to create a little space to share our own local shop's webstores (and horror stories about how detrimental this all is) just in case anyone wants to buy something to help keep them afloat.

I know my local is selling via Discogs 

https://www.discogs.com/seller/Redscroll/profile

Limited to One is banging out the fun on Instagram

https://instagram.com/limitedtoonenyc?igshid=13ix1z1i7xh25

 

Feel free to share yours here. Maybe through the power of boredom and the internet we can help save a store or two. 

Stay safe!

thank you!  much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

thank you!  much appreciated.

No prob! Hopefully some other people wanna share stuff. I'd like to buy from all over if I can. Just unnecessarily filled two gaping holes in my collection via Redscroll, but I'm checking Insta for that gem from you periodically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2020 at 7:48 AM, Fowty Dollaz said:

Hey! Weird time everyone is having, huh? 

I wanted to create a little space to share our own local shop's webstores (and horror stories about how detrimental this all is) just in case anyone wants to buy something to help keep them afloat.

I know my local is selling via Discogs 

https://www.discogs.com/seller/Redscroll/profile

Limited to One is banging out the fun on Instagram

https://instagram.com/limitedtoonenyc?igshid=13ix1z1i7xh25

 

Feel free to share yours here. Maybe through the power of boredom and the internet we can help save a store or two. 

Stay safe!

Redscroll is legit.  I’ve bought from them through Discogs before.

 

Plaid Room is still operating online as their curbside service was shut down today.

 

https://www.plaidroomrecords.com

 

Shake It Records is still running online as of today.

 

https://www.shakeitrecords.com/collections/all

 

I really wish Everybody’s Records would get an online presence, but they’re the most antiquated of the bunch.  Love those dudes though.

Edited by highfives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, diabretic said:

Seasick Records here in Birmingham has their inventory online via their website as well as used records on their Discogs! offering curbside pickup and local delivery as well.

SEASICK RECORDS

Looks like they are suspending operations completely for the time being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Princeton Record Exchange seems to have closed March 21st and moved a bit of their items online, currently with 400+ records for sale on discogs.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/PrincetonRecordEx/profile

They are great people and always have pretty good prices! Will most likely order a few while this all goes on to help them out. 

 

2 hours ago, museummouth said:

https://instagram.com/doubledeckerrecords?igshid=1300w3e36gfe3
 

free shipping. Lots of rarities

 

https://instagram.com/sirenrecords?igshid=1ddsexn1a323p
free shipping as well. Extensive discogs listings. 

Siren records in Doylestown is great!

Edited by JRHews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we have the "lets list every record store thread", we definitely need a "online record store thread". Super handy for pre-orders and RSD stuff to have a thread where we can blow through links looking for shit.  So thanks for this. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I know we have the "lets list every record store thread", we definitely need a "online record store thread". Super handy for pre-orders and RSD stuff to have a thread where we can blow through links looking for shit.  So thanks for this. 

 

I concur with this wholly. This was mostly intended to be a place for us to share places who are shifting to solely online, but all is good! We can shift this to an online webstore page after the Coronapocalypse. As much as they overprice their vinyl, I gotta shout out to Newbury Comics because they immediately let everyone know they would be paying their employees despite closing their storefronts. I'm hoping their upcoming Butthole Surfers is a record I wanna grab (just to throw 'em some business). Already ordered from Redscroll, a few artists directly, and went ahead and subscribed to Bad Sandwich Chronicles. I'll be evaluating my finances some more and splurging again next week (any obvious preorders excluded from the next week thing). 

TL;DR- support artists and stores and this thread can be shifted to a webstore list post-apocalypse.  😷

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sewnmouth said:

DD is one of my all time favorite record stores, great guys, great prices and amazing finds. Visit there every time I get a chance to. 

Same. A good portion of my collection is from there and it’s the only place I go to trade stuff in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2020 at 9:51 AM, diabretic said:

Seasick Records here in Birmingham has their inventory online via their website as well as used records on their Discogs! offering curbside pickup and local delivery as well.

SEASICK RECORDS

20% off promo right now with code 20PERCENT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×