Hopeless Records Twelve Day of Quarantine Sale

13 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

And I bought it like less than a week ago. Bruh.

Sadly MerchNow is very adamant on not accepting price adjustments. Here's something I did one time:

I ordered a 7" from Rise's MerchNow. The next day they had a 20% off sale. I asked if I could apply the coupon, MerchNow told me no. So I canceled the order, got a refund, and re-ordered it with the discount.

Since you likely already received your record, here's what you could do to cheat the system. If it's still available, re-order it on sale. When it arrives, send it backing your old Order ID. Sure, it's dishonest, and I don't know if they refund shipping. If not, then completely ignore this because you'd probably save like a dollar.

23 minutes ago, MyckelJay said:

Since you likely already received your record, here's what you could do to cheat the system. If it's still available, re-order it on sale. When it arrives, send it backing your old Order ID. Sure, it's dishonest, and I don't know if they refund shipping. If not, then completely ignore this because you'd probably save like a dollar.

Pretty sure MerchNow charges a couple dollar "restocking fee". They'll do anything to not lose money. Just a heads up if you were gonna try this.

15 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

They'll do anything to not lose money.

Except answer credit card disputes. I've won a few over that because they never answer the card companies. You can always put in a dispute over a price adjustment over something they didn't ship yet. They're one of the worst retailers to work with so I would say screw them and don't feel bad about it, especially with how many times they've screwed me over.

Edited by N8TRU

45 minutes ago, MyckelJay said:

Sadly MerchNow is very adamant on not accepting price adjustments. Here's something I did one time:

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:17
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:02

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

I ordered a 7" from Rise's MerchNow. The next day they had a 20% off sale. I asked if I could apply the coupon, MerchNow told me no. So I canceled the order, got a refund, and re-ordered it with the discount.

That sounds like a lot of work for $1.50.

1 hour ago, MyckelJay said:
1 hour ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

That sounds like a lot of work for $1.50.

completely ignore this because you'd probably save like a dollar.

^^^^^^

also, I think it's hilarious that the ad tried to repost when you quoted 😂 c'mon VC

1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

Pretty sure MerchNow charges a couple dollar "restocking fee". They'll do anything to not lose money. Just a heads up if you were gonna try this.

Forgot about that. It does state that they do, but on the one occasion I've had to send something back, they didn't charge me for restocking. Maybe it was because it was their own fault that the item had to be returned? 

Edited by MyckelJay

• 1 year later...

Don't want to make a new topic, but Hopeless Records appears to have found some old stock and has put some stuff up on their site.

There's a 6 year old Blue/White Silverstein record, and a pretty old Trophy eyes as well.

Go to https://hopelessrecords.myshopify.com/collections/vinyl-lp and sort by new to old

7 hours ago, HardlineKid said:

Don't want to make a new topic, but Hopeless Records appears to have found some old stock and has put some stuff up on their site.

There's a 6 year old Blue/White Silverstein record, and a pretty old Trophy eyes as well.

Go to https://hopelessrecords.myshopify.com/collections/vinyl-lp and sort by new to old

Did they send out an email about this? I'm bummed I missed out on Southern Air.

Edited by meatrocket8

2 hours ago, meatrocket8 said:

Did they send out an email about this? I'm bummed I missed out on Southern Air.

Not sure that was available today. I know that No Closer to Heaven went up last week. It was sold out by the time I got to it but interestingly enough was able to pick it up at my local record store.... A two or three year OOP copy...

Seems like they're finding things and just putting them up when they find it... With typos lol

Also, no email. I just happened to check

Edited by HardlineKid