Music On Vinyl (MOV) Label Distributor

Hey all, so I have a bunch of Music on Vinyl (MOV) releases on my wantlist and I want to pick up a batch of them - does anyone know a good distributor in the US who carries a good selection of their stuff for decent prices? Maybe even with a discount or coupon going on or something. I’d like to order a handful in one fell swoop to save on shipping instead of from a bunch of individual stores. Thanks for the recommendations y’all!

Ended up placing an order on hhv - the shipping prices were pretty crazy but they had some solid prices on the stuff I wanted plus a good collection of other non MOV imports I wanted. Shipping was like $25 (which ended up being $20 after a discount code), but I ordered 10 records so $2 a record isn’t too bad. Checked out some of the other recommended sites though and Dodax looks like a great one, can’t believe I’ve never heard of them before - they’ll be on my radar for sure.

Edited by shadowkid33

On 3/28/2020 at 1:53 PM, shadowkid33 said:

Ended up placing an order on hhv - the shipping prices were pretty crazy but they had some solid prices on the stuff I wanted plus a good collection of other non MOV imports I wanted. Shipping was like $25 (which ended up being $20 after a discount code), but I ordered 10 records so $2 a record isn’t too bad. Checked out some of the other recommended sites though and Dodax looks like a great one, can’t believe I’ve never heard of them before - they’ll be on my radar for sure.

which ones did you order? i am interested whether Juno has them, cuz that shipping price sounds like a lot compared to Juno.

MOV releases were:

Jack’s Mannequin - Glass Passenger

Alter Bridge - ABIII

Billy Talent - Billy Talent III

36 Crazyfists - A Snow Capped Romance

non-MOV were:

Gigi Masin - Talk to the Sea

Gigi Masin & Templehoff - Corner Song

Gigi Masin & Elia Perrone - Stella EP

Gaussian Curve - Clouds

Gaussian Curve - The Distance

Aphex Twin - Richard D James Album

Most of them were the lowest prices I could find online for them, 36 Crazyfists was cheaper on Dodax but fuck it. And all the Gigi/Gaussian Curve stuff is import-only that is pretty tough to find for a good price anywhere so that’s really what made my decision for me.

Edited by shadowkid33

On 3/28/2020 at 7:37 AM, elsanto said:

Deep Discount has some heavily reduced MOV releases...but really depends what you're looking for of course

https://www.deepdiscount.com/search?mod=AM&ft=lp+vinyl&lb=Music+on+Vinyl

Thank you for posting this.

After scrolling through the MOV titles, apparently they have repressed Shelagh McDonald “Album.” 😃

Essential stuff for Fairport/Britsh Folk Rock fans.

Given I was putting in $60+ bids on E-bay, and losing every time, even on second pressings,  $28 was a deal for me!

They also had the new Coldplay album for $10!

https://www.deepdiscount.com/everyday-life/813547028167

Using promo code “MRREBATES15” resulted in 15% off of the cart with FREE shipping.

Been waiting for a repress of Shelagh for YEARS. Bring on Stargazer NEXT!

Update: after shipping out on Monday my records already arrived from HVV this afternoon, double boxed by the shipping warehouse and in flawless condition. So I guess I can’t complain about $25 shipping, I couldn’t justify it for a single LP but for a big order, I’d definitely use them again. 

Edited by shadowkid33

Went back to Deep Discount to grab a Nordic Folk/Rock record I was eyeing last night, but failed to add to the cart.

Old coupon did not work, but 15BUDDY did.

Had to pay like $2 for shipping, but for $10.50, this was better than paying $30 for the record later. Plus, the coupon took care of most of the shipping.

Been happy with the deals on Deep Discount I have found. 👍🏻