The National - High Violet Expanded Edition - 10th Anniversary (6/19)

https://cherrytreeshop.americanmary.com/featured/

Cherry Tree Exclusive split version available. Normal version is a marble of purple and white.

This is the first time all of the expanded edition tracks have been pressed on vinyl (I believe Sin - Eaters and You Were A Kindness were b-sides on 7"s). Kinda surprised they didn't include Exile/Vilify and Think You Can Wait as well.

A1. Terrible Love
A2. Sorrow
A3. Anyone's Ghost
B1. Little Faith
B2. Afraid of Everyone
B3. Bloodbuzz Ohio
C1. Lemonworld
C2. Runaway
C3. Conversation 16
D1. England
D2. Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks
E1. Terrible Love (Alternate Version)
E2. Wake Up Your Saints
E3. You Were A Kindness
E4. Walk Off
F1. Sin-Eaters
F2. Bloodbuzz Ohio (Live On The Current)
F3. Anyone’s Ghost (Live at Brooklyn Academy Of Music)
F4. England (Live at Brooklyn Academy Of Music)

Edited by timsimmons

19 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

https://cherrytreeshop.americanmary.com/featured/

dasan728x90.jpg

dasan728x90.jpg

Cherry Tree Exclusive split version available. Normal version is a marble of purple and white.

This is the first time all of the expanded edition tracks have been pressed on vinyl (I believe Sin - Eaters and You Were A Kindness were b-sides on 7"s). Kinda surprised they didn't include Exile/Vilify and Think You Can Wait as well.

A1. Terrible Love
A2. Sorrow
A3. Anyone's Ghost
B1. Little Faith
B2. Afraid of Everyone
B3. Bloodbuzz Ohio
C1. Lemonworld
C2. Runaway
C3. Conversation 16
D1. England
D2. Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks
E1. Terrible Love (Alternate Version)
E2. Wake Up Your Saints
E3. You Were A Kindness
E4. Walk Off
F1. Sin-Eaters
F2. Bloodbuzz Ohio (Live On The Current)
F3. Anyone’s Ghost (Live at Brooklyn Academy Of Music)
F4. England (Live at Brooklyn Academy O

Think you can wait / exile vilify are available on a clear 7inch for cheap on the bands website.

I would have bought this if it included Think You Can Wait. I have the clear 7" already, but I hate listening to singles. 

The description also claims the alternate version of Terrible Love has never been released in vinyl before, but that's available on a 7" already. 

Edited by ntslash

15 minutes ago, hobbesthecat said:

anyone with a VMP account who doesn't want the $60 vinyl willing to purchase it for me? i'll throw in $20 on top of everything

thanks!

I may be severely underestimating how hardcore of fans National fans are, but at $60 and /1500 pressed, I’d be shocked if these weren’t still available for public sale on VMP later this week

I actually like that marbled version the best, honestly.  VMP’s is a close second but that price tag is wild, and there’s already been a few nice variations of purple / violet colorways from the first press.

Bull Moose has this up for $47 and change, on a “clear and purple marble” variant.  I think it could be their interpretation of the white-purple marble, or maybe an actual indie exclusive.  Doesn’t ship until June, so a safer bet for most folks who are concerned about our nation making it ‘til then.  Stimulus checks will be distributed by then, too, if that’s a thing you qualify for.  Gotta’ prioritize — this album’s a top National record for me, and those b-sides are A+. 

Also, before anyone jumps on my shit, I am not advocating that you splurge your “government payout” on vinyl.  Be responsible and plan accordingly, etc. etc. etc.  I’ve cut way back on vinyl in general this last month, just as a precaution. You’re all adults and shouldn’t need any posts chiming in about how to save or spend your money.  It’s ridiculous that I’d even write this paragraph, but after so many years of seeing people sweat whether or not a $20 pre-order will “last until payday”, I figured I’d err on the side of caution and throw this out there.

Edited by Derek™

14 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

I may be severely underestimating how hardcore of fans National fans are, but at $60 and /1500 pressed, I’d be shocked if these weren’t still available for public sale on VMP later this week

yea good call

I'll keep an eye out on that page

i'm not jumping on anything yet

thanks!

40 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Yeah, I don't think it's selling out by Friday. On top of the $60 and qty available, this isn't that much different than the one thats been around for 10 years already. Only the hardest of the core fans are buying this for the bonus disc. And even then, most of them own the 3 tracks already available on 7". 

12 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Yeah, I don't think it's selling out by Friday. On top of the $60 and qty available, this isn't that much different than the one thats been around for 10 years already. Only the hardest of the core fans are buying this for the bonus disc. And even then, most of them own the 3 tracks already available on 7". 

so this Friday it'll be available for the public? (sorry I'm not hip on VMP)

i'm only buying it for all of the b-sides and live songs on one disc, even though I do have sin-eaters / bloodbuzz on a 7".

even writing out the above sentence, in this current climate, is making me 2nd guess this whole purchase. my initial post above about buying the VMP variant comes from a FOMO with collecting.

ALSO - Anyone's Ghost on the 3rd disc. if that's from BAM, I'm pretty sure the either Bryce or Aaron screwed up the intro / false start. could be wrong though

54 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Part of me think they should have said fuck it and included the BAM show on wax. Do like a proper big ass box set. 5-6LPs (Album, bonus stuff with exile and Wait and then 2-3 LPs of the show)

The BAM show is rumored to be the cherry tree vol 2 release..

I don't get why that's such a great choice though, there's no deep cuts in there besides Secret Meeting and that's arguably a "bigger" deep cut

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I actually like that marbled version the best, honestly.  VMP’s is a close second but that price tag is wild, and there’s already been a few nice variations of purple / violet colorways from the first press.

all 3 are nice but went with CT just because of the scarcity of it. im also a bit wary of marbled color vinyl by the national after the IAETF CT exclusive debacle. i don't know if you own or had seen the CT exclusive but it was hilariously bad.

2 minutes ago, wuhanclan said:

all 3 are nice but went with CT just because of the scarcity of it. im also a bit wary of marbled color vinyl by the national after the IAETF CT exclusive debacle. i don't know if you own or had seen the CT exclusive but it was hilariously bad.

I can only vaguely recall but that was supposed to be a splatter that had a pretty ambitious mockup, right?  I think it's still available in their webstore under the CT exclusives, too.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I can only vaguely recall but that was supposed to be a splatter that had a pretty ambitious mockup, right?  I think it's still available in their webstore under the CT exclusives, too.

ya, and this is how that turned out:, which to be fair if they do the same job with HV this time, it won't be too far off with the mock up

spacer.png