The National - High Violet Expanded Edition - 10th Anniversary (6/19)

Just now, wuhanclan said:

ya, and this is how that turned out:, which to be fair if they do the same job with HV this time, it won't be too far off with the mock up

spacer.png

Yeah, that totally missed the mark.  But I wouldn't hate that configuration with white and purple, if they can pull it off.  Guess we'll see.  Whatever that marble / swirl was limited to, it seems to be sold out as well.  At least from the band's site; I think it's still up at a few other spots for anyone late to the party.  It's amazing to me that the VMP version is nearly double the cost... but not at all surprising when you consider VMP's recent pricing trend with their exclusives.

4 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Yeah, VMP opens most exclusives on Friday afternoons. They send out an email with links. 

The live tracks here are the exact same ones that were on the original expanded version. I don't think AG was messed up there.  

Little Faith was - I'm almost positive it's going to be a false start, if they show it

6 minutes ago, axisrecapital said:

What did you get a copy of?  The CT vol 1 seems to be sold out and the 10th anniversary (both editions) are sold out online....which I missed.

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/products/the-national-high-violet-10th-anniversary-edition?variant=31930083573850

they were talking about VMP, which is now allowing orders to non-members.

Edited by jrodan

Please, can somebody remind me again, if I sign up for the 3-month Essentials membership on the Vinyl Me Please website, can I immediately swap the Stooges record for their exclusive version of High Violet??  The membership is $80 and this National reissue is $60.  Almost seems worth it to me to just pay the extra $20 for 2 additional albums.  

Just now, BrainGilliams said:

Please, can somebody remind me again, if I sign up for the 3-month Essentials membership on the Vinyl Me Please website, can I immediately swap the Stooges record for their exclusive version of High Violet??  The membership is $80 and this National reissue is $60.  Almost seems worth it to me to just pay the extra $20 for 2 additional albums.  

Pretty sure swaps aren't available until after they're actually in the warehouse and at that point are just considered leftovers. Could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Pretty sure swaps aren't available until after they're actually in the warehouse and at that point are just considered leftovers. Could be wrong.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're correct.  I'm just fishing for any excuse to purchase this absurdly priced record. 

3 hours ago, dreamover said:

anyone else buy through cherry tree and it's not showing up in order history or confirmation email? My credit card got charged, but no other documentation of purchase. 

That happened to me one time when I tried to order something from them before. It turned out I had forgotten to click “complete order” at the end of the process. 

• 2 weeks later...