PO soon: Umbra Vitae - Shadow of Life (members of Converge, Wear Your Wounds, Twitching Tongues etc)

New band under Deathwish Inc. out on May 1st 2020, surely there will be a vinyl release. From their spotify bio:

Umbra Vitae was conceived during Wear Your Wounds rehearsals. With all members having roots in heavy music, the band would often warm up playing aggressive riffs. Jacob Bannon (Converge, WYW, Blood From the Soul), Mike Mckenzie (The Red Chord, WYW, Stomach Earth), and Sean Martin (WYW, Twitching Tongues, ex-Hatebreed) soon recruited Greg Weeks (The Red Chord, Labor Hex, etc), and Jon Rice (Uncle Acid, Job For a Cowboy, etc) for the rhythm section and a new band was born. 

The name Umbra Vitae (pronounced uhm'-bruh vee'-tie) is an homage to Georg Heym's poem of the same name, originally published in 1912. 

“After reading the piece from Heym, I immediately felt connected to it. Later while working on the previous Wear Your Wounds album, my love for Death Metal was rekindled. This was likely a reaction to working on non-aggressive music for such a concentrated period. As these songs started to form, the ominous nature of that original poem came to mind. In many ways it embodied the character of what we were all creating together. For me, Umbra Vitae is darkly confrontational and my own internal struggles are nested within each song. At this point in my life it is of the utmost importance to use this art and music as the vehicle for a healthy purge of emotion. By design, even in something this intense, there is righteous intent to be a better human through the process of creating it.”  - Jacob Bannon

https://open.spotify.com/album/0T6b89SVrEm9YFBuJSyhJQ?si=-dY3NqwFR5O0i4pWAJOs4Q

https://music.apple.com/my/album/shadow-of-life/1503427548

Edited by zaoza

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you who have listened so far. We are super excited about the band and album. We hope to get physical copies available for Pre-order soon. We actually had test presses in-hand before the world shut down. 

So yeah, Friday = Listen on all streaming services.  If you are inclined to support us, pick up merch from my store and/or the DW stores. Keep in mind that on Friday Bandcamp will be forfeiting their profit and giving everything to the labels/bands who supply them with content: Ie: Buy the album there on Friday to help us all.. 

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...