Tiger King

ETR seems like the most logical place to cash in on this. Though, I'd love to see a -core label do it. Like Triple B just churning out Joe Exotic LPs.

Also, I actually went to Joe Exotic's GW Zoo in July 2017, when visiting my buddy who lived in OKC at the time. If you guys have any weird questions about it, I'll try to answer them, best I can.

I didn't meet Joe, but I did meet the one-armed zookeeper. Price to enter the zoo was between $20-30, I think. Playing with tiger cubs was between $60-80 on top of entrance fee. We didn't spend the additional money to do that. The three of us were like the only people there that day, was around lunch on a Thursday or Friday. It was an incredibly eerie place to be. Very poorly kept up. The gift shop was the highlight. It's just as hilarious as depicted in the doc.

5 hours ago, dynamitekid said:

I dont know if I can watch this. I feel like he does some horrific things to these animals and I dont really want to see or glorify that

You really don’t see any straight up animal abuse at all.  Maybe one scene comes to mind but that’s it.  I guess it kind of depends how you define “abuse.”  Physically, yeah just one scene.  But it’s not like he’s beating the shit out of an animal because he feels like it.

Bonkers. Complete and total bonkers is all I can really say what it was like watching that show. As was mentioned, it got crazier and more hair-brained as it went on. Just when you thought things couldn't get more ridiculous and just insane, here comes a new character player in this to make things even more nuts.

Overall, it was a parade of scumbaggery at different levels by a cast of weirdos and fucked-up individuals. There were maybe two or three people that were redeemable and OK given the situations they were in.

When can we discuss more to avoid spoilers?

I mean NONE of the main characters are good people at all. I think what people should take from it is how crazy and fucked up these people were and how the "valued" their animals when they really didn't.

On an entertainment level it was pure gold. On an animal rights/humanitarian level it was beyond fucked.

13 hours ago, GradedOnACurve said:

On an entertainment level it was pure gold. On an animal rights/humanitarian level it was beyond fucked.

You're absolutely right on this. But this is what's actually making me kinda sad... The entire series is built upon negative emotions and contempt towards these "characters".  Oblviously most of these people are blatantly stupid and i hate to see animals beeing abused and kept in captivity, but i'm seeing a dangerous trend in these recent shows and documentaries where entertainment equals hate. I don't like that! Same goes for the "fyre" thing that was so hyped a while ago.

Nonetheless i binged straight through that shit :D

On 4/12/2020 at 4:17 PM, jhulud said:

The 8th episode interview special was underwhelming. It was a decent sort of “where are they now?” glimpse but didn’t really change anything. Nothing really new to learn that we didn’t already know. 

Hey we “learned” that none of those people were on meth.... uh huh, sure.

Edited by dantheriver

• 2 months later...