PO: Covet - Technicolor

http://store.triplecrownrecords.com/products/665409-covet-technicolor

Release Date: June 12th, 2020

Vinyl Pressing Info 
Pre-order exclusive: 180 gram Black – 200 pressed 
Pre-order exclusive: Blue/Green vinyl 300 pressed 
Purple – 1500 pressed

Sound and color echo one another. As colors add vibrancy and depth to art, sounds do the same for music. When the palette widens in both cases, the vision does as well. covet magnify their musical palette on their second full-length album, technicolor . The San Francisco, CA trio—Yvette Young [guitar, vocals], David Adamiak [bass], and Forrest Rice [drums]—temper their signature instrumental ebb-and-flow with guitar pedal sorcery, feverish tremolo-picking, whammy bar dips, and a dreamy vocal lull. As such, these ten tracks canvas an entire sonic spectrum.

Vinyl Track Listing 
A Side 
atreyu 
parachute 
predawn 
nero 
B Side 
ares 
parrot 
odessa 
farewell

CD / Digital Track List 
1. Good morning 
2. atreyu 
3. parachute 
4. predawn 
5. nero 
6. Pirouette 
7. ares 
8. parrot 
9. odessa 
10. farewell

According to Apple Music the two cut tracks are the two shortest. The album clocks in at 48 minutes total. Good Morning is 3:07 and Pirouette is 1:36. So without them it's only ~43 mintues.

Odd choice to cut them, especially seeing that the track length of Pirouette leads me to believe it's an interlude. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2020 at 2:07 PM, N8TRU said:

It's definetly interesting. Yvette singing is a cool addition but it seems like she's doing less wildin' out on the guitar because of it. I know TMP went in this direction but seems like they focused more on writing coherent songs. This feels really spacey. I could see people who really enjoyed AF - LP3 really enjoying this as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, whoa said:

Aw man, gonna suck not having Farewell on this LP; a track that embodies what a good closer should be called and sound like!

Farewell is on the LP. Just not Good Morning and Pirouette.. which is a shame because those 2 tracks are great. Hopefully they’ll release them on a 7” at some point.