My friend and I recently started a DIY tape label. I know, I know, the world doesn't need another tape label. BUT we came up with this idea to put out a charity compilation to help raise funds for COVID-19 health supplies. 100% of the proceeds would go to Project C.U.R.E. Every dollar donated to Project C.U.R.E. goes towards sending medical supplies (face masks, ventilators, protective gear, sanitization products, etc.) to hospitals and emergency medical services in need. 

Problem is, we don't have a ton of music to actually put on the comp. That's where you all come in. Are you an unsigned musician, or do you know any, who would be interested in donating a track to this comp? We're looking for maybe 10-16 songs to include in it. Any genre. We would release it digitally on Bandcamp, then put up a cassette pre-order. However many pre-orders there are by say, the end of April is how many we'll make. 

Is this something you all would be interested in? Is this even a good idea?

Regardless, you should check out Project C.U.R.E.'s mission for aiding COVID-19, and donate if you can.

Edited by MyckelJay

43 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

Can we get the name of your label? I like this idea.

Of course. It's called Common Time Tapes. It's like brand new, brand new. We just started it last month and only have one release so far. We went ahead and released our one release digitally, cassettes are in the making, but getting supplies has been delayed due to the quarantine. This is why we're thinking it'd be a good idea to go with pre-orders first. 

Here's our site if you want to check it out. I don't recommend viewing it on a mobile device though.

Edited by MyckelJay

2 hours ago, museummouth said:

Hey I’m interested in donating a song. 

You can check out my stuff here:

https://mysistersfugazishirt.bandcamp.com/music

I have a ton of unreleased stuff that I’m getting ready for a new album so I have extra tracks ready. 

let me know 

That'd be great! We're trying to make this collaborative as possible, so whichever track you feel would be most fitting for this release we'll use. So it's totally up to you which track you want us to include. We appreciate this! 

P.S. - Just listened to "Emerald" and "Love Is Enough" and I'm really digging the sound.

A little update on this for those who are interested:

This is happening! We have 5 confirmed tracks so far, and have 2 others pending. By pending, we mean artists have reached out, but haven't settled on which track to use yet. Again, if you, your band, or someone you know wants to contribute to this, reach out! Email at [email protected] or send us a message on Instagram @commontimetapes. It'd help out if you shared the latest Instagram post too. We'd appreciate it! I'm glad to see this is coming together and I'm excited to see how it turns out! 

UPDATE: This will be released within the week. We have space for one more track, then we'll release it digitally. Pre-orders for cassette copies will go live at that time as well. Thank you to everyone who helped to make this comp happen. We've got tracks from bands in 5 different countries, with genres varying from indie rock, punk, metal core, electronic, pop and hip-hop. We definitely feel like there's something on here for everyone. I'll make another post when the comp is out. Thanks again everyone!