PO - BDRMM - Bedroom LP (3rd July) - Dreampop/indie/shoegaze

Ltd 200 copies clear/back marble, plus badge & photo - bandcamp exclusive

https://bdrmm.bandcamp.com/album/bedroom

Indies Green lp

http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=68320

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/bdrmm/bedroom

Hull/Leeds based five-piece bdrmm release their much anticipated debut bedroom on july 3, via sonic cathedral.

The 10-track album was recorded late last year at the nave studio in leeds by alex greaves (working mens club, bo ningen) and mastered in brooklyn by heba kadry (slowdive, beach house). it's a hugely accomplished debut and a real step up both sonically and lyrically from their early singles, which were rounded up on last year's if not, when? ep. musically, there are nods to the cure's disintegration, deerhunter and diiv, while the band reference ride and radiohead. there are also echoes of krautrock and post-punk, from the chameleons to protomartyr, plus the proto shoegaze of the pale saints' the comforts of madness, not least in the cross fading of some tracks, meaning the album is an almost seamless listen. as a result, bedroom becomes an unexpected and unintentional concept album, running through the different stages of a break-up set against the backdrop of the ups and downs of your early twenties. "the subject matter spans mental health, alcohol abuse, unplanned pregnancy, drugs. basically every cliché topic that you could think of," reveals frontman ryan smith. "but that doesn't mean they ever stop being relevant. it's a fucker growing up, but i'm lucky enough to have been able to project my feelings in the form of this band, surrounded by four of the best people i've ever met." and that band name, in case it needs explaining, is pronounced the same way as the album title. "i never thought i'd get to the stage where i would have to explain it so much," says ryan. "we have been pronounced as boredom, bdum and my old boss thought we were a ska band called bad riddim. we're all sarcastic cunts, so bedroom spelt correctly seemed like the perfect title." he's right. the perfect title for the perfect debut album

Edited by craigeduk

• 3 months later...
34 minutes ago, jrodan said:

really? listened to this a couple times and it is pretty ok. i can definitely list multiple shoegaze releases this year already that are significantly better.

Eh.  Different strokes I guess.  The new Kestrels songs being hyped in the Shoegaze thread we’re doing nothing for me. 

I know quite a few would argue the new Hum album.  I wouldn’t fight anyone on that opinion by any means

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

2 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Eh.  Different strokes I guess.  The new Kestrels songs being hyped in the Shoegaze thread we’re doing nothing for me

yeah, kestrels wouldn't sniff my top ones yet, but ill wait for the full album to make a determination. otherwise, just off the top of my head, these releases blow bedroom outta the water. but you're right, different strokes.

Hum - Inlet

Topographies - Not My Loneliness, but Ours

Deserta - Black Aura My Sun

Peel Dream Magazine - Agitprop Alterna

Slow Crush - Reel

3 minutes ago, jrodan said:

yeah, kestrels wouldn't sniff my top ones yet, but ill wait for the full album to make a determination. otherwise, just off the top of my head, these releases blow bedroom outta the water. but you're right, different strokes.

Hum - Inlet

Topographies - Not My Loneliness, but Ours

Deserta - Black Aura My Sun

Peel Dream Magazine - Agitprop Alterna

Slow Crush - Reel

Totally with you on Hum and Peel Dream being great albums.   Was Peel Dream this year?  Seems so long ago I thought it was last year.  Both fantastic albums

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

2 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Totally with you on Hum and Peel Dream being great albums.   Was Peel Dream this year?  Seems so long ago I thought it was last year.  Both fantastic albums

PDM came out in April, but understandable that it feels long ago, since this year has been a never-ending hellscape. im stoked for their new ep that comes out friday as well!

2 minutes ago, jrodan said:

PDM came out in April, but understandable that it feels long ago, since this year has been a never-ending hellscape. im stoked for their new ep that comes out friday as well!

Are they physically releasing it?  I saw they released it digitally last Friday and I missed the damn lathe cut

8 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Are they physically releasing it?  I saw they released it digitally last Friday and I missed the damn lathe cut

i didnt realize it was fully up on bandcamp already. spotify and apple music had the release date as this friday. so i missed whatever lathe youre talking about. what was it?

4 minutes ago, jrodan said:

i didnt realize it was fully up on bandcamp already. spotify and apple music had the release date as this friday. so i missed whatever lathe youre talking about. what was it?

It was a /25 lathe cut black vinyl.  It was put on Bandcamp at 3 am my time so it was long gone by the time I woke up.  

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, LeeKaye said:

New remixes LP and tape. Vinyl says it's sold out, but they only put 100 up before. More to follow today they reckon

https://bdrmm.bandcamp.com/album/the-bedroom-tapes

It will be in indie stores as well, already up on RT 

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/bdrmm/the-bedroom-tapes

• 1 month later...