King Gizzard -Chunky Shrapnel

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard are excited to announce that their new double-LP live album CHUNKY SHRAPNEL will be released digitally on April 24th and available in US record stores on May 29th!

Pre-orders will be available in ATO’s online store at 6pm EST on April 9th, check back and don’t miss out on our “Vomit Bomb” edition! 🤮 💣

KGLW_UKEU_WDZ_small-670x500.jpg

This double-LP live album features 13 live performances hand-picked from the band’s 2019 European tour and includes a musical score written by Stu Mackenzie that adds a ‘magical touch of alien melancholy’ throughout the record. Chunky Shrapnel is an adrenaline fueled psychedelic trip that captures the energy of a live concert while also creating something tailored and unique to King Gizzard.

Chunky Shrapnel album track list:
1. Evil Star
2. The River (Live in Luxembourg ’19)
3. Wah Wah (Live in Madrid ’19)
4. Road Train (Live in Manchester ’19)
5. Murder Of The Universe (Live in Utrecht ’19)
6. Quarantine
7. Planet B (Live in London ’19)
8. Parking (Live in Brussels ’19)
9. Venusian 2 (Live in Milan ’19)
10. Hell (Live in Milan ’19)
11. Let Me Mend The Past (Live in Madrid ’19)
12. Anamnesis
13. Inner Cell (Live in Utrecht ’19)
14. Loyalty (Live in Utrecht ’19)
15. Horology (Live in Utrecht ’19)
16. A Brief History Of Planet Earth (Live in London, Berlin, Utrecht and Barcelona ’19)

Flightless will have 3 variants also. 

Edited by museummouth

Flightless variants:

Double LP gatefold sleeve
- Heavy 350gsm silver reflective board with spot matte and gloss printing
- Obi strip with gold foil
 - Rounded Inner-sleeves
- A3 Risograph poster
- Download link on release day (24th of April)
- Record sleeve comes packaged in a custom paper bag

Metal Dioxide Edition

173ca2b9-f16a-4ac2-874d-45c7b101f3ba.jpg

Acid Rain Edition

b435c60e-5e35-4687-9053-21474dd4e3b2.jpg

Copper Nitrate Edition

c97237c5-510a-4034-8459-ca9c51eab112.jpg

7 minutes ago, ethereal said:

Wish they did a more rounded live set including other albums, this is a very easy pass. 

6 albums are represented plus the last track is a whole side and is rumored to be a medley most likely of the long Head On/Pill jam/Float Along/Mind Fuzz

Edited by museummouth

Chunky vomit bomb at ATO looks cool and seems to be moving slowly. Wonder if it is also 2000copies.

https://atorecords.shop.musictoday.com/product/ATLP325/king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard-chunky-shrapnel-vomit-bomb-edition-colored-vinyl?cp=126_68335_107898

Edited by Mourning Wood

15 minutes ago, Mourning Wood said:

Chunky vomit bomb at ATO looks cool and seems to be moving slowly. Wonder if it is also 2000copies.

https://atorecords.shop.musictoday.com/product/ATLP325/king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard-chunky-shrapnel-vomit-bomb-edition-colored-vinyl?cp=126_68335_107898

It's safe to assume that's the standard retail variant. Most of their ATO versions are wide releases. 

18 hours ago, museummouth said:

6 albums are represented plus the last track is a whole side and is rumored to be a medley most likely of the long Head On/Pill jam/Float Along/Mind Fuzz

Yeah looking in depth at the tracklist it covers quite a range (although I'd still have been happy to swap all 3 ITRN tracks for something else)

Infest The Rats Nest - 3 Tracks

Polygondwanaland - 3 Tracks

Murder of the Universe - 1 Track

Nonagon Infinity - 2 Tracks

Quarters! - 1 Track

Float Along Fill Your Lungs - 1 Track

Unreleased - 5 Tracks (3 of which look to be Stu Mackenzie's musical score)

Stopped buying Flightless variants after Gumboot Soup. Not that they don’t offer nice variants, but it’s just not worth the extra costs to me. Happily picked up retail editions of Fishing and Infest, and will do the same with this one. 

The only thing that’s a bit of a bummer is that Europe usually gets the least interesting retail variants as far as King G is concerned..

3 hours ago, craigeduk said:

Yeah looking in depth at the tracklist it covers quite a range (although I'd still have been happy to swap all 3 ITRN tracks for something else)

Infest The Rats Nest - 3 Tracks

Polygondwanaland - 3 Tracks

Murder of the Universe - 1 Track

Nonagon Infinity - 2 Tracks

Quarters! - 1 Track

Float Along Fill Your Lungs - 1 Track

Unreleased - 5 Tracks (3 of which look to be Stu Mackenzie's musical score)

The ITRN tracks are sick live. Was at the London gig and that version of Planet B is killer. 

picked up the ATO versions as Flightless is too pricey. 

10 hours ago, conedust said:

Me too, but yeah, was surprised how fast they went. I'd sort of assumed the KG wave had crested, plus live albums are always iffy. (Packaging & track selection look great tho...)

I literally had 3 times set, toddler threw a tantrum. Picked him up, refreshed at one minute after, grabbed one, checked out, boom empty cart :(

11 minutes ago, zackdumbass said:

I should probably check that page more often 🤦🏻‍♂️

Lol. I had a page tracker running since release day on their page refreshing every minute. Killed my phone battery but honestly I have loved this band since Levitation 2014 and have yet to miss an album launch