Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher - ALSO COPYCAT KILLER EP CHECK OFTEN OR YOU’LL MISS IT or check the other thread... who knows which one will have the sweet link you need...

55 minutes ago, NoWorthyIcons said:

Damn, that's exciting, I wonder what it will look like. Red, blue...the options are limitless.

The coloured discs they have by the price suggest the primary colour will be green, whether that's clear green, marbled, swirl or mixed with another colour... I have no idea.

8 minutes ago, NoWorthyIcons said:

Can you post a screengrab? I can't see that on their site.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/phoebe-bridgers/punisher/lp-plus-3

Not available to buy yet.

You can use a similar trick to see what other end of year exclusives they might have (found links for Rina Sawayama, Laura Marling, bdrmm, and SAULT's 5 and 7).

1 minute ago, HeartSwells said:

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/phoebe-bridgers/punisher/lp-plus-3

Not available to buy yet.

You can use a similar trick to see what other end of year exclusives they might have (found links for Rina Sawayama, Laura Marling, bdrmm, and SAULT's 5 and 7).

Incredible, thank you for that tip!

While I am skeptical about how a green would look with this art, that thumbnail could easily be a blue/green mix that could end up being cool. And I've seen some cool mockups of Rough Trade records lately, so that would not surprise me in the least.

35 minutes ago, ethereal said:

y’all are funny if you think that will be a different variant 

Lemme bookmark this.

I mean, yeah, potentially Secretly will send over RT leftover copies of the blue/green or the seaglass wave variants, but it's a tradition for them to press exclusives to coincide with their end of year list (see Secretly doing variants for Angel Olsen and Shame the last couple of years). The page now has an exclusive tag which it never did before, it has a different price, and a release date of November 2020, so I feel something is gonna happen.

On 10/27/2020 at 5:01 PM, timsimmons said:

But Secretly is known for pressing pretty awful sounding vinyl right? I seem to remember someone saying something to that effect with a Bon Iver album years ago.

22, A Million was a disaster of a pressing. And they bundled a 12" with a 4 minute song on each side that was the single off the album and charged a shit load extra for it, but they were "edits" so imperceptibly different from the album version of the song that it was a total scam, from top-to-bottom. 

It actively soured me on buying new indie rock albums by and large.

You got baited there.  That bonus 12” was a joke for sure.  Never really understood the initial PO rollout of that record, and remember being disappointed by it despite enjoying the album.  (Though I did snatch up a colored press a year later, and have no qualms with it.)  I think they were really banking on fans to get caught in the hype of a new Bon Iver PO, ignoring sticker price in the process.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Waiting for the other slew of variants for Copycat Killer. Still got the black just in case.

From the press release 

Vinyl copies will be available initially exclusively Rough Trade. Punisher has been listed in the Rough Trade Record Stores “Albums Of The Year” list at #2. 

Just realized that I had to go into my settings to change the "replies to topics I follow " back to emails instead of just notifications, so I missed out on this. Probably for the best for my wallet, since my blue swirly should be more than sufficient, but I am very curious to see what this is going to look like.

• dantheriver changed the title to Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher - ALSO COPYCAT KILLER EP CHECK OFTEN OR YOU’LL MISS IT or check the other thread... who knows which one will have the sweet link you need...