dantheriver

PO Now: Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher 6/19/20

The album’s called Punisher and it’s due out June 19 via Dead Oceans. It features her Better Oblivion Community Center bandmate Conor Oberst (on “Halloween” and “I Know The End”), her boygenius bandmates Julien Baker and Lucy Dacus (on “Graceland Too” and “I Know The End”), Blake Mills (on “Halloween,” “Savior Complex” and “I Know The End”), Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ Nick Zinner (on “I Know The End”), Warpaint’s Jenny Lee Lindberg (on “Kyoto” and “ICU”), Christian Lee Hutson (on “Garden Song,” “Halloween,” “Savior Complex,” and “I Know The End”), Bright Eyes’ Nate Walcott (“Kyoto” and “I Know The End”), and veteran session drummer Jim Keltner (on “Halloween” and “Savior Complex”). Phoebe co-produced it with Stranger In The Alps collaborators Tony Berg and Ethan Gruska, and it was mixed by Bright Eyes collaborator Mike Mogis (who also mixed Stranger). Phoebe’s band — Marshall Vore (drums), Harrison Whitford (guitar), Emily Restas (bass) and Nick White (piano) — all play on the album too. (That’s a lot of awesome musicians, but to recap, boygenius, Conor Oberst, and Nick Zinner will all appear on the same song!)

Read More: Phoebe Bridgers shares “Kyoto,” details LP2 ft. Conor, boygenius, Nick Zinner & more | http://www.brooklynvegan.com/phoebe-bridgers-shares-kyoto-details-lp2-ft-conor-boygenius-nick-zinner-more/?trackback=tsmclip