Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher - ALSO COPYCAT KILLER EP CHECK OFTEN OR YOU’LL MISS IT or check the other thread... who knows which one will have the sweet link you need...

3 minutes ago, kas1985 said:

Got it. I got mine in a few days ago but it was a little underwhelming to me compared to some of the photos I’d seen online, including yours. Thanks for the response. 

How did yours turn out?  I saw one that was basically a black record with a "glow" (swirls) around the center label.  Looked interesting but I can see why someone would be underwhelmed.  The huge fluctuation of variants is a double-edged sword – simultaneously neat but potentially disheartening after seeing how good some of these variants could look.  Even that UK peacock variant is victim to it.  Looks stunning in the pic a few pages back, but like a green record in the photo posted on the last page.  I'm sure a lot of it has to do with angle and lighting for the photo, too, but still.  Can't recall the last time I've seen such a variety in 1 press.

17 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

How did yours turn out?  I saw one that was basically a black record with a "glow" (swirls) around the center label.  Looked interesting but I can see why someone would be underwhelmed.  The huge fluctuation of variants is a double-edged sword – simultaneously neat but potentially disheartening after seeing how good some of these variants could look.  Even that UK peacock variant is victim to it.  Looks stunning in the pic a few pages back, but like a green record in the photo posted on the last page.  I'm sure a lot of it has to do with angle and lighting for the photo, too, but still.  Can't recall the last time I've seen such a variety in 1 press.

Mine is mostly the light blue with a few black swirls. The black swirls were kinda just on one side of the record, and there’s almost none of the green that I’ve seen in some of the others. And it’s almost completely opaque. Even held up to the light there’s not much coming through. Not complaining, it’s still a good looking record, just not what I was expecting compared to what I had seen online prior to getting my own copy.

On 6/23/2020 at 12:30 PM, kas1985 said:

Mine is mostly the light blue with a few black swirls. The black swirls were kinda just on one side of the record, and there’s almost none of the green that I’ve seen in some of the others. And it’s almost completely opaque. Even held up to the light there’s not much coming through. Not complaining, it’s still a good looking record, just not what I was expecting compared to what I had seen online prior to getting my own copy.

I think you’re talking about the Secretly variant, but mine is the same. Fully opaque baby blue with some black swirls. 

40 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

Punisher is kind of a snooze. Hoping it grows on me. If it doesn't, I'll revisit in the fall. Any one else a little bored by it?

I definitely understand what you are referring to, though I feel differently. I hope it does grow on you, but I could understand how someone would feel "meh" about it.

4 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I definitely understand what you are referring to, though I feel differently. I hope it does grow on you, but I could understand how someone would feel "meh" about it.

Yeah, I would say this album has as many “bangers” as SITA does - just a handful - but a much stronger closer.  Neither are perfect albums, and neither were total love at first listen... which, for me, indicates more replay value and more staying power more often than not.  Even if I can’t identify the name of every track off memory just yet, I’m pretty pleased with the album and the mileage I think I’ll be able to get out of it.

49 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

Punisher is kind of a snooze. Hoping it grows on me. If it doesn't, I'll revisit in the fall. Any one else a little bored by it?

I have to admit I cancelled my order. For me there was no single stand out variant, and despite several efforts it just didn't register in the way that SITA and Better Oblivion did. Maybe I'll re-visit again at some point.

• dantheriver changed the title to Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher - ALSO COPYCAT KILLER EP CHECK OFTEN OR YOU’LL MISS IT or check the other thread... who knows which one will have the sweet link you need...