Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher - ALSO COPYCAT KILLER EP CHECK OFTEN OR YOU’LL MISS IT or check the other thread... who knows which one will have the sweet link you need...

Not that my opinion really matters to anyone but me, but here's my take after listen #1 (except for the occasional listen to a single):

It initially feels subpar to SITA, BUT I feel there are enough themes, imagery, and ideas running through the album consistently enough to say this may be a rare instance where the sequel outshines the original. The production is there, but it's still somewhat raw. So it has HER quality to it. It's just a growth, but a good one. My only complaint was the inclusion of Conor seeming a little unnecessary. I'm not an artist though. Maybe that's a statement about them. Maybe he just wanted to be on it. Who TF cares? Not really worth a gripe. SITA is probably one of my favorite albums. This one is very close.

55 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Not that my opinion really matters to anyone but me, but here's my take after listen #1 (except for the occasional listen to a single):

It initially feels subpar to SITA, BUT I feel there are enough themes, imagery, and ideas running through the album consistently enough to say this may be a rare instance where the sequel outshines the original. The production is there, but it's still somewhat raw. So it has HER quality to it. It's just a growth, but a good one. My only complaint was the inclusion of Conor seeming a little unnecessary. I'm not an artist though. Maybe that's a statement about them. Maybe he just wanted to be on it. Who TF cares? Not really worth a gripe. SITA is probably one of my favorite albums. This one is very close.

I'm going into it blind haven't listened to any singles yet. Is it as mellow as SITA? I love the first one, but I have to be in the mood like Julien Baker or Angel Olsen. We got 10 reds for my shop, 3 are spoken for, crossing my fingers the other 7 don't sell online before we can even open 

35 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I'm going into it blind haven't listened to any singles yet. Is it as mellow as SITA? I love the first one, but I have to be in the mood like Julien Baker or Angel Olsen. We got 10 reds for my shop, 3 are spoken for, crossing my fingers the other 7 don't sell online before we can even open 

It's definitely as mellow, but differently. It also has 2 songs that remind me of earlier Bright Eyes and 1 that is just, basically Elliott Smith.

3 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

It's definitely as mellow, but differently. It also has 2 songs that remind me of earlier Bright Eyes and 1 that is just, basically Elliott Smith.

fantastic, looking forward to it. My coworkers are looking out for me, inventory being reduced by 1 and held off for me I'll grab it tomorrow I'm off today and have a big stack from a half off new and used vinyl moving sale at one of my locals

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Still haven’t bought one yet, which one looks cooler, Red or Blue? 

anyone know if the red is the more limited variant?

No word on which is more limited, but check out Discogs for some nice photos of each.  The red is a much darker shade than the mockup, and the blue / silver seems to fluctuate a ton which I kind of like.  Both look great to me.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

No word on which is more limited, but check out Discogs for some nice photos of each.  The red is a much darker shade than the mockup, and the blue / silver seems to fluctuate a ton which I kind of like.  Both look great to me.

There are some reaaaally nice blue/silver ones I’ve seen on IG. Speaking of... I guess this is the “sea glass wave” which the hype sticker refers to as “almost like clear but cooler” (although it looks to be opaque so not even close to almost like clear...):

55 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I got the more bluish blue one, but the (basically) black marble "blue" one is really nice. Having said that, I feel the red or standard black is most fitting with artwork (if that's your thing).

yeah mine is like blue in the center and black marble around it. i agree, the red marble probably looks the best

16 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

I think the best looking variant is the U.K. indies.  But I think the best variant for the cover is the US indies one 

Yup, I think you’ve got that right.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

There are some reaaaally nice blue/silver ones I’ve seen on IG. Speaking of... I guess this is the “sea glass wave” which the hype sticker refers to as “almost like clear but cooler” (although it looks to be opaque so not even close to almost like clear...):

What happened there?  Haha.  That’s a little random and probably my least favorite variant of the bunch thus far.  Unfortunate hype sticker... would’ve been a really nice touch if it was accurate.

What an album! On first spin my inclination is this is a better album than SITP. I feel it is a tad more cohesive and drags less, there were some really strong songs on the first one, but this just feels more enjoyable front to back and I think it is better recorded, produced and engineering , it says Robert Ludwig did the mastering, not sure who cut the lacquer as he stopped cutting lacquers years ago, but it's a fine sounding record

• dantheriver changed the title to Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher - ALSO COPYCAT KILLER EP CHECK OFTEN OR YOU’LL MISS IT or check the other thread... who knows which one will have the sweet link you need...