The Appleseed Cast - The end of the ring wars Repress !

8 hours ago, Stubenrocker73 said:

https://thirtysomethingrecords.bigcartel.com/product/the-appleseed-cast-the-end-of-the-ring-wars-2xlpThere is a new repress up for preorder in Germany with new artwork (two variants (each /200) ) . There will be also a band Exclusive Variant /100 soon 

Any word as to when the bandcamp copies will go up?

46 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Ah...I think we've been over this in another Appleseed thread. Still probably my most listened to of theirs, followed by Mare.

I think you're right, yeah.  This release seems like a no-brainer for you to pick up if it's truly remastered.  Which, of all the Appleseed releases to date, could use it the most I think.

If there's a "band exclusive" version in the works – made available through their Bandcamp – I would assume they're just being hush-hush about it.  That label said it'll go up within the next few days?  I would be really surprised if the band was oblivious to this, especially with new album art, but you never know.  That "white with red marble" is 100% going to just be an opaque pink though.

2 hours ago, JRHews said:

(id be down for a  new LLO press tho...)

It's a pipe-dream and part of me wishes I could go back to a time where I blissfully ignorant of their existence, but apparently there's enough lost LLO material to make up a Vol. III and Vol. IV.  It's either forgotten in storage or perhaps discarded; no one really knows.  I guess when they recorded LLO, they captured tons of material and cherry-picked what would make it onto Vol. I and Vol. II.  It's safe to guess that the band probably opted for what they felt were the best cuts, at the time, but they've said that there was way more content that wasn't written as an afterthought or a b-side, but in tandem.  Same recording sessions, etc.  If they ever recovered those tapes and released a 6-LP set of LLO: Vol. 1-4... I think I could die a happy man.

They were initially going to tour Low Level Owl at the end of this year, last I heard, to commemorate its 20th year.  (Technically next year, 2021.  But I believe the tour dates spilled into the start of next year.)  Not sure how committed they are in light of all the Covid developments, but if nothing else I imagine they'd probably do some kind of LLO 1+2 reissue around that timeframe.

Edited by Derek™

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

... If they ever recovered those tapes and released a 6-LP set of LLO: Vol. 1-4... I think I could die a happy man....

They were initially going to tour Low Level Owl at the end of this year, last I heard, to commemorate its 20th year.  (Technically next year, 2021.  But I believe the tour dates spilled into the start of next year.)  Not sure how committed they are in light of all the Covid developments, but if nothing else I imagine they'd probably do some kind of LLO 1+2 reissue around that timeframe.

Ain't that it bro...the world has turned upside down, and I feel the only way we get that press or tour now is on a long shot.

I started listening to them in the late 00s, so I've only gotten to experience 3 new releases and two shows. I have such an insatiable appetite to see a live show right now, and ASC would fill that void right now. 

Not gonna BS, I have an old friend from Warcraft (lol) who is a friends with a member... I might start some inquiries...

Edited by JRHews

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

It's a pipe-dream and part of me wishes I could go back to a time where I blissfully ignorant of their existence, but apparently there's enough lost LLO material to make up a Vol. III and Vol. IV.  It's either forgotten in storage or perhaps discarded; no one really knows.  I guess when they recorded LLO, they captured tons of material and cherry-picked what would make it onto Vol. I and Vol. II.  It's safe to guess that the band probably opted for what they felt were the best cuts, at the time, but they've said that there was way more content that wasn't written as an afterthought or a b-side, but in tandem.  Same recording sessions, etc.  If they ever recovered those tapes and released a 6-LP set of LLO: Vol. 1-4... I think I could die a happy man.

I saw them tour LLO years ago at the Middle East downstairs in Cambridge (in case we have any New Englanders here) and it blew my face off. They played everything front to back, and a healthy portion of Mare Vitalis as well - if I remember correctly I snagged some OG vinyl that night too.

9 hours ago, swallowtales said:

This seems like a nice set, picked one up! Although I didn't realise that this label had done a press of Far - Water and Solutions until after I ordered, hopefully they let me combine.

Couldn't convince myself to grab another W&S back when they released it because I got two of the Jonah released ones. Did pick up that Gratitude record, which is great though. (Another Jonah Mantranga project for anyone who wasn't aware)

4 hours ago, Stubenrocker73 said:

Just an Update ....

44 of the White / blue black left 

113 of the Teal Variant....

No new info about the band Exclusive....

Been wanting this for so long! Want to wait for the US variant, but I am afraid I won't be able to snag a copy, so went ahead and ordered the white/blue from Germany. I lived in Germany for four years, too bad I'm not still there.

1 hour ago, throwgncpr said:

ugg, I went ahead and ordered the teal. I think whenever the band copies go online, it's going to be a shit show.

Went ahead and added that Gratitude record to my order.

Samesies. I hopped on the white/blue yesterday once someone posted it to reddit. I figured if I can get the band variant, I’ll try to cancel more order. 

3 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

ugg, I went ahead and ordered the teal. I think whenever the band copies go online, it's going to be a shit show.

Went ahead and added that Gratitude record to my order.

I went for one of the Germany copies when this thread got started.  The odds of getting a band copy seem low enough that it was worth the extra money to not worry about it.

9 hours ago, kas1985 said:

With regards to the lathes, looks now like the lathe from the second night is up, but the first is gone. I might have picked them all up if I could have gotten all three in the same shipment, but no way am I paying shipping three times for these. 

They're both still there though. I'm also waiting and he never took the 1st one down.

13 minutes ago, Sh100by said:

They're both still there though. I'm also waiting and he never took the 1st one down.

i too am only seeing the second hour lathe on bandcamp. where are you seeing both?

*nevermind. https://theappleseedcast.bandcamp.com/merch

Edited by jrodan

2 hours ago, andables said:

FYI the White with Blue / Black Swirl Vinyl Edition is available here too along with the other releases from the label. 

https://www.vinyl-digital.com/en/Rock-Indie/The-Appleseed-Cast-The-End-Of-The-Ring-Wars-09546007.html?listtype=search&searchparam=the appleseed cast

Dang.  The shipping is like half the cost also.  Of course I already placed an order through the label like 20 minutes ago.