The Appleseed Cast - The end of the ring wars Repress !

I received mine a couple days ago, and received tracking last week.

Glad I went with the teal instead of that other gray pukey thing. The package is well done (the spot gloss on the cover is a nice touch), but I'm really not into the vibe of the new artwork and colors. It just feels really off.

8 hours ago, kas1985 said:

Anyone who has received this already get tracking? I got a shipping confirmation about a week ago that included a tracking number indicating USPS Priority Mail shipping, but the tracking still indicates “pre-shipment info” but no receipt by the USPS. 

you know there’s a pandemic going on right now, right ? USPS shipments can take up to a week to show scan-in. This is stated right on their site.

My tracking went from ‘pre-shipment info sent’ on the 22nd to ‘arrived at local post office’ and delivered today with no scans in between. Seems wherever they dropped off or were picked up from may have skipped the scanning phase.

The real question is why was this a German release with international shipping rates that was shipped from NY? It still wasn’t a bad price overall so I’m not salty, just confused...

4 hours ago, ethereal said:

you know there’s a pandemic going on right now, right ? USPS shipments can take up to a week to show scan-in. This is stated right on their site.

I actually did know there was a pandemic going on. And believe it or not, I did see the disclaimer on the USPS site that Priority Mail is taking on average, a day longer than usual. As I bought these from Germany and paid €24 for shipping, then got USPS tracking, (not what I was expecting when I paid for international shipping) I simply asked a question about how others’ experience in receiving their records had been. Your experience in receiving your records? Or no?

58 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

The real question is why was this a German release with international shipping rates that was shipped from NY? It still wasn’t a bad price overall so I’m not salty, just confused...

My tracking shows DHL from Kentucky.  Kind of wonder if they got enough US orders it made sense to send them over with the band copies and ship from the states. 

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

It looked like it came from an intermediary company. They may have shipped them all with the band copies there, and then they were shipped out by that third party.

From their FB site

"Alright friends, here's the official heads up. Since the first batch sold out so quickly, we were able to get a 2nd batch okayed. We'll have 100 copies of The End of the Ring Wars reissue (dark green vinyl this time) available for pre-order tomorrow, Sunday 6/1, at 1:00 PM on our Bandcamp page: https://theappleseedcast.bandcamp.com/"

17 minutes ago, Streiti said:

From their FB site

"Alright friends, here's the official heads up. Since the first batch sold out so quickly, we were able to get a 2nd batch okayed. We'll have 100 copies of The End of the Ring Wars reissue (dark green vinyl this time) available for pre-order tomorrow, Sunday 6/1, at 1:00 PM on our Bandcamp page: https://theappleseedcast.bandcamp.com/"

imagine that's the same dark green that Thirtysomething has up right now, no?

1 hour ago, Streiti said:

Don't think so. The thirty something copies are dark green with orange and black marble and limited to 250.

the more i think about it, the more i believe it has to be one and the same. Deep Elm licenses in multiples of 500 usually. Coke bottle /250 is TSR webstore exclusive, so 100 copies out of the non-exclusive dark green /250 would have to go to the band to keep that figure neat (wouldn't take its lack of mention in the FB post to mean there's a whole new variant just for the band again, detail about marbling or wisps or w/e is a kind of nerdy i don't see with Chris haha). same 1/5 band allotment as the first TSR run. curious to see what product photos, if any, accompany the stock drop tomorrow on their bandcamp. 

7 hours ago, copelandkid said:

the more i think about it, the more i believe it has to be one and the same. Deep Elm licenses in multiples of 500 usually. Coke bottle /250 is TSR webstore exclusive, so 100 copies out of the non-exclusive dark green /250 would have to go to the band to keep that figure neat (wouldn't take its lack of mention in the FB post to mean there's a whole new variant just for the band again, detail about marbling or wisps or w/e is a kind of nerdy i don't see with Chris haha). same 1/5 band allotment as the first TSR run. curious to see what product photos, if any, accompany the stock drop tomorrow on their bandcamp. 

So I asked thirty something and you are right - it's the same version as now available from thirty something already. 

7 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

So did this already go up and sell out again on their bandcamp? Because I find that frustrating.

yeah it was up and gone in like 10 minutes yesterday around 1pm i think? saw the aftermath only haha.

12 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Just noticed the text on the spine is upside down too. Ooooops.

that's the German convention for (book) spines. unfortunate practice.

1 hour ago, MyEnemy said:

Really? Because the Sunday’s Best records from TSR is totally fine.

i do believe the Sunday's Best layout was done by an American, whereas this one was done by a German. 

in any case, yes, it is unfortunately the convention. bugs me immensely haha. shot from my bookshelf attached. not every single German publication ever is "upside down," some publishers or editions like to buck convention, but it's definitely the norm. 
IMG-7338.jpg

all my german records are the same way too, there's not a wide enough stack of them for a proper photo though...

• 1 month later...

Got my teal today. Didn't see any traction for like a month, sent an email I wasn't trying to pester with a pandemic and all but they apologized and told me it would go out tomorrow. Another week passed, no tracking so I emailed asking for tracking and they assured me it went out and provided tracking the following monday said not received, and updated to leaving kentucky Wed and arrived today in great shape. Turned out real nice color, packaging and sound, no surface noise and they did what they could on the remaster, it says masterdisk inside the gatefold. Not sure who pressed it but was not GZ. Now I just need LLO and Sagarmatha

• 2 weeks later...