Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dapeebs

PO: Protest the Hero - Palimpsest (06/19/20)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

 

Four different variants available and a ton of bundles. Of course it has to be Sheethappens with their insane shipping pricing, but this is the probably the one band I'd swallow the price for. 

 

https://www.sheethappenspublishing.com/artists/protest-the-hero

 

 

Edited by dapeebs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Came here to post this, ending up just biting the bullet on this one and spending a little too much.

Got the Deluxe Edition with the 7" and "Ghostly Red" LP. Then since I realized shipping doesn't change at all, I grabbed a copy of the TriColor Fortress repress. Almost grabbed a few others, but I know they've been there for a while so maybe I'll swing back and grab the Kezia + Scurrilious represses in a month or so.

$100 shipped is ok-ish knowing that their packaging is pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the bundle is the best deal, you could easily flip a couple copies and make your money back.
That being said, I decided to take the less scummy route and just grab a single LP.

Did the black/red "ghostly" splatter one and got it with the 7" upgrade pack. Split shipping with a friend so it was not too bad all said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, V3XED said:

Yeah the bundle is the best deal, you could easily flip a couple copies and make your money back.
That being said, I decided to take the less scummy route and just grab a single LP.

Did the black/red "ghostly" splatter one and got it with the 7" upgrade pack. Split shipping with a friend so it was not too bad all said.

Can you link me to the 7" upgrade pack? I can't figure out how to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

Can you link me to the 7" upgrade pack? I can't figure out how to do that.

https://www.sheethappenspublishing.com/shop/1021/protest-the-hero-deluxe-vinyl-upgrade-deluxe-vinyl-upgrade-bundle
 

That one. Choose any of 4 variants, get a 7”, slipmat, prints, and signature for $52.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Been listening to the single over and over and I just can not get into it. Volition is a favorite of mine and I was hoping to be blown away by a new album after 7 years. Hoping this single isn't indicative of the album as a whole.

Yeah I feel the same way, I didn't (and still dont) like scurrilous very much, but thought Volition ripped. 
So hopefully this one will be good too, but PTH don't have a spotless track record on writing IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to say, this has nothing to do with the vinyl pressing as I only ordered the CD & got a digital download, but fishing on the river I got a chance to listen to the download through a bluetooth speaker and upon first listen.....I love this album.  Fucking superb job by PTH, don't see what the complaining is all about but give me another couple listens...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 11:54 AM, DafTyler said:

I just really wish these guys would press "a calculated use of sound" 

Not sure if you have heard interviews where they talk about this...

but basically they have said that they do not like that record and are embarrassed by it.

So unless a label goes in for a cash grab, I dont see the band ever intentionally pressing it.

Its a real shame because I also enjoy it, and would love to have it on wax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 5:09 PM, V3XED said:

Not sure if you have heard interviews where they talk about this...

but basically they have said that they do not like that record and are embarrassed by it.

So unless a label goes in for a cash grab, I dont see the band ever intentionally pressing it.

Its a real shame because I also enjoy it, and would love to have it on wax

That is very sad, I grew up around all the UO bands in the more "punk" scene, for me thats all I really got into for protest. 

I get them not liking it, but no need to be embarrassed, they were kids and its a kick ass album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×