Setup advice (pro-ject turntable)

Hey all,  while i've been a vinyl collector for years ive never really dived too deep into my set up outside of a real basic set up.

Currently i have a pro-ject debut turntable, w/ a Teac receiver and some bookshelf speakers.

The receiver is pretty bulky and id like to slim down to just the turntable, preamp and speakers.

If i got the pro-ject phono box would this accomplish that or do i need to add something else?

Bonus question, does anyone have any experience w/ the Amazon Echo Link? My home is heavily in the Echo family so im also curious if this is a possible route.

Edited by IanRees

Any suggestions for a preamp/amp that is minimal? 

23 minutes ago, Smellman said:

You would still need an amp of some sort in addition to the Phono Box.

The amp in turn would connect via a cable(RCA, optical,etc..) to the Amazon Link

sorry I meant the amazon link amp, which seems to include the amp but doesn’t have great reviews 

Echo Link Amp - Stream and amplify hi-fi music to your speakers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0798GJVTR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3MoMEbEAGZNJQ

3 minutes ago, Smellman said:

I was just looking at the Link closer and editted my first post.

I would imagine that it's not a very good amp when used with a turntable and preamp but it could be good enough depending on your needs/wants.

Admittedly I’m not looking for a crazy high end experience but I also want it to be worth it,  just trying to ditch the giant receiver if possible. 

im not opposed to a preamp / amp set up but want it to look as minimal as possible.

11 hours ago, Smellman said:

You could do that too. You would just have to manually adjust the volume on the speakers. I'm sure there's something you could buy to connect between the preamp and the speakers that can control volume remotely if that's an issue.

Good luck.

These are the speakers im looking at which have volume, treble and bass controls