PO NOW: Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters 2xLP AND When The Pawn... LP (from VMP) AND The Idler Wheel... LP (Repress from VMP)...and NOW Extraordinary Machine from VMP

11 hours ago, Hydrology said:

With so many people getting their VMP copies already, I emailed asking why mine hadnt shipped yet. It took 3 emails before I got a reply, to be told around August sometime. Pretty annoying when I ordered as soon as it became available.

It's August right now

16 hours ago, Hydrology said:

With so many people getting their VMP copies already, I emailed asking why mine hadnt shipped yet. It took 3 emails before I got a reply, to be told around August sometime. Pretty annoying when I ordered as soon as it became available.

thats odd, cause i reached out to them about my damaged jacket and they already comp'd and shipped me another copy. 

5 minutes ago, tokimedo said:

thats odd, cause i reached out to them about my damaged jacket and they already comp'd and shipped me another copy. 

You probably sent 1 courteous email too.

Having sent 3 in a week about something that has only been shipping for a week is probably a good reason to give bad customer service tbh haha

2 hours ago, tokimedo said:

Hmmm... When I contacted VMP about my damaged jacket, providing images and details, they responded with a $10 store coupon, saying they would not offer of a replacement.

9 minutes ago, vinyldavid said:

Hmmm... When I contacted VMP about my damaged jacket, providing images and details, they responded with a $10 store coupon, saying they would not offer of a replacement.

Maybe they realize how whiny you are. 🤷‍♂️

On July 24, 2020 at 12:03 AM, lethalenforcer said:

Beware. My copy of Punisher showed up last week, really beat up, and they responded by offering a store credit but claim they will not replace items with cosmetic damage to the cover or sleeve.

Guessing PayPal may think differently if a claim is filed through them, though.

How did the Paypal dispute go?

On July 24, 2020 at 7:17 PM, WolfGangnamStyle said:

Mine has a big seam split as well. Seems like a company whose entire business model is centered around shipping vinyl to its customer shouldn't be having this problem.

As I look through this thread, I'm seeing a lot of comments about people getting damaged orders from VMP.
That's a bummer.

FWIW, my copy from VMP showed up just fine, packaged like lots of other retailers package records. Does VMP just attract people who don’t buy a lot of records?
There’s nothing better or worse about VMP shipping compared with most anyone else, as far as I can tell. If their shipments suffer from particularly bad seam splits, maybe the problem is someone throwing the boxes around at their local USPS distribution center.

2 hours ago, Oblivions said:

Mine is broken in half but I don’t collect vinyl for how it looks or plays. I collect vinyl to make a larger point about how everyone on this forum cares more about vinyl and sleeve condition than me and that they should be embarrassed by this.

It's unclear to me your point. You don't care that yours is broken in half?

The seam on the shrink of my copy was slightly off center; it starts slightly visible on the front of the jacket and by the time you get down to the bottom it's visible on the back.

I won't settle for anything less than an even shrink seam along the edge. It's the perfection I expect - nay, demand - as a true collector of the art form we call vinyl records.

PayPal here I come...

Edited by unknown pleasures

• jhulud changed the title to PO NOW: Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters 2xLP AND When The Pawn... LP (from VMP) AND The Idler Wheel... LP (Repress from VMP)...and NOW Extraordinary Machine from VMP