PO NOW: Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters 2xLP AND When The Pawn... LP (from VMP) AND The Idler Wheel... LP (Repress from VMP)...and NOW Extraordinary Machine from VMP

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

FTBC is head and shoulders above anything else Fiona has written... for me anyway.  I know Idler is held in high regard but I don’t find it half as interesting, even revisiting it in light of recent Fiona appreciation.  I think this new album is one of those cases where something can be overhyped but still really enjoyable.

which is totally fine but I don't think it has anything to do with the idea that "there isn't any other music out there" when there probably isn't much crossover between Fiona Apple and Lady Gaga fans haha

3 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

which is totally fine but I don't think it has anything to do with the idea that "there isn't any other music out there" when there probably isn't much crossover between Fiona Apple and Lady Gaga fans haha

Nah, my post was completely separate from that whole argument altogether.  It maybe feels like a bit of a lull in new releases only because I know there's so much in the pipeline that I'm impatiently waiting for.  But I can't say this feels any different from previous years, and I fully expect the back half of the year to ramp up.  And I'll probably still be revisiting this album then, too.

23 hours ago, Dougie Jones said:

I've never sat down and listened to a Fiona Apple record until today.

I thought it was excellent. Pulls emotion out of you and it feels like you're sitting in the room with her. I love how the Piano is BOOMING at times. Lovely.

This is really the first time I've sat down and listened to a Fiona Apple record and now I feel like I missed out...but this is an impressive record regardless of what silly number or amount of starts you judge it by.

And if anyone is looking for new music during these quarantine times, I'd highly recommend giving these a listen:

Hamilton Leithauser - The Loves of Your Life

Sorry - 925

Porridge Radio - Every Bad

In my opinion, these records are worth a listen...especially Hamilton Leithauser's new record...it's awesome!

I've been a pretty huge Fiona Apple fan since the beginning, and I am LOVING "Fetch the Bolt Cutters." I think is both amazing and insane, and both fascinating and irritating. I love the creativity and originality and the time she took to record it from home. "The Idler Wheel..." did nothing for me, and is easily my least favorite Fiona album--so I feel this is an incredible and energetic return.

"Extraordinary Machine" is my favorite Fiona album, both versions. I listened to the Jon Brion version a ton from the time I downloaded the early leak, but in the last decade I have spinned the Mike Elizondo exclusively on vinyl. I also saw her on that tour (2006) at an outdoor amphitheater in Atlanta, and thought it was phenomenal.

Until the New Yorker essay in March, I wasn't sure there would ever be another Fiona Apple album. So with this new release, I am stunned in so many ways. Is it a perfect 10? Probably not, but it is definitely worth of the hype. I can also easily see how anyone would hate it. 

At this point I keep returning to this thread to hopefully find a way to buy it cheaper than her website (Bullmoose or another indie store).

Bull Moose pre order up. Supposedly, there is an indie exclusive in the works, but it's on "pause" for the time being. Went ahead and placed my order for the black variant and can always cancel when or if there is an indie for it. https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34514004/fiona-apple-fetch-the-bolt-cutters-180g-black-vinyl-2lp

3 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

Bull Moose pre order up. Supposedly, there is an indie exclusive in the works, but it's on "pause" for the time being. Went ahead and placed my order for the black variant and can always cancel when or if there is an indie for it. https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34514004/fiona-apple-fetch-the-bolt-cutters-180g-black-vinyl-2lp

I definitely understand the desire to not put people at risk for unnecessary shit (like records), but now is ABSOLUTELY the time to at least launch a preorder for indie record stores, even if it comes out later. Of all places, fucking Amoeba has a gofundme.  

I wish I listened to my own advice, as I received a pre-order offer from Plaid Room Records  for the 180gram version, only $27!!

Spent $10 extra to pre-order from Music Today, but oh well.

Maybe it will come signed or something... 😆

Edit: Plaid Room removed “180 Gram” from the product description. 🤔

Edited by Plarocks

No wonder they tried to pitch that “oh by the way you cannot ever cancel your pre-order, sorry” nonsense when the standard version went up.  A whole lot of people will be getting a refund and opting for a colored copy, I bet.  Makes sense that they’d try to scare whoever they can into retaining their original order.

• jhulud changed the title to PO NOW: Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters 2xLP AND When The Pawn... LP (from VMP) AND The Idler Wheel... LP (Repress from VMP)...and NOW Extraordinary Machine from VMP