Jump to content
bluesnoopy

PO NOW: Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters 2xLP AND When The Pawn... LP (from VMP)

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Cool.  Sorry I don’t like what you like and raised an opinion.  Totes stfu yourself, bruh.  And a downvote for you, too.

Felt like chiming in that you’re a fuckin idiot and derailing threads with childish nonsense seems to be your favorite hobby. We all know Derek is a bit dramatic but he’s good peoples and actively contributes to the threads he posts in

 

im stoked for my VMP copy to get here, haven’t been listening to this much cause I wanted to wait for my record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tokimedo said:

got my VMP purple in, with the most GNARLY seam split on the top of the jacket... its like fully blown out.

 

now the question is, do i contact them and ask for a replacement? im not a VMP member but got the member shipping price and all that lol. 

Beware. My copy of Punisher showed up last week, really beat up, and they responded by offering a store credit but claim they will not replace items with cosmetic damage to the cover or sleeve.

Guessing PayPal may think differently if a claim is filed through them, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tokimedo said:

got my VMP purple in, with the most GNARLY seam split on the top of the jacket... its like fully blown out.

 

now the question is, do i contact them and ask for a replacement? im not a VMP member but got the member shipping price and all that lol. 

Mine has a big seam split as well. Seems like a company whose entire business model is centered around shipping vinyl to its customer shouldn't be having this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WolfGangnamStyle said:

Mine has a big seam split as well. Seems like a company whose entire business model is centered around shipping vinyl to its customer shouldn't be having this problem.

What exactly are they going to do to prevent seam splits 100% of the time? They happen regardless of mailer type, the only way to prevent them is to open the record and ship it outside of the sleeve however then it's not "new" anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JustSchwimmer said:

What exactly are they going to do to prevent seam splits 100% of the time? They happen regardless of mailer type, the only way to prevent them is to open the record and ship it outside of the sleeve however then it's not "new" anymore.

Every album I've ordered from them has had a seam split. I would much prefer them shipping the record outside of the sleeve. Labels do it all the time with their new releases. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bubble wrap/stiffeners can prevent seam splits in most cases, but they try to cut down on overhead. I got my black copy from the FA store today, still waiting on the VMP. I wish I had gone through the hassle and cancelled I could have bought a pearl copy for less than the price of  the black and got it a week sooner, it is what it is though  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My two copies from VMP arrived today. No seam splits, but the corners got smashed up.
The bubble wrap protects the tops and bottoms fine, but does nothing to protect the corners.
When paying around $40 for each one, would expect to have them in nicer condition.

Edited by vinyldavid
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well, their store policy says this:
 

Cosmetic issues including:

  • Seam splits (on the jackets or internal sleeves)
  • Dinged or bent corners
  • Miscellaneous print defects and other imperfections

While a bummer to get things with minor cosmetic damages, we generally do not send full replacements for these types of issues (unless it is severe).

Edited by vinyldavid
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d say don’t.  VMP (or anyone, any record related company for that matter) is at the mercy of the UPS, USPS or whatever method they send it through. Based upon the pics you sent, it appears to be a delivery malfunction, not a shipping package problem.

 

Plus, not to minimize your dilemma, but this is common and probably hurts the label / artist more if everyone expects a 100% mint product that is sent in the mail, which is hit and miss.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, axisrecapital said:

I’d say don’t.  VMP (or anyone, any record related company for that matter) is at the mercy of the UPS, USPS or whatever method they send it through. Based upon the pics you sent, it appears to be a delivery malfunction, not a shipping package problem.

 

Plus, not to minimize your dilemma, but this is common and probably hurts the label / artist more if everyone expects a 100% mint product that is sent in the mail, which is hit and miss.  
 

I get that point.
However, one could make the argument that it could have been packaged better to protect the corners. The box wasn't that badly smashed in. I've seen better packaging methods used than what they used. Theirs wasn't horrible, but could be better.

I know this isn't their policy, but I could see a compromise being a fair resolution.
Maybe not get a replacement, or even a 100% refund, but maybe a partial refund (again, they cost over $40 each), or a store credit of a certain amount.
That way the label / artist doesn't take much (or any) of a hit, and the customer is taken care of some.

It may benefit them too to do something to take care of the customer, because if a customer is totally rejected, he/she could open a credit card dispute, which would cost the store even more. The store would have to pay a chargeback fee, even if the dispute goes in favor of the store.
Not an action I intend on taking, but is something for the store to consider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

I am glad I ordered from Barnes and Noble. Mine came in with some ring wear and dings. They shipped a replacement immediately and I sent the one I got in back with the UPS label they provided. Now THAT'S customer service!

I actually got the B&N edition too, and it made it over just fine. No damage of any kind. B&N was actually better protected in the packaging than VMP.

Edited by vinyldavid
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2020 at 11:56 PM, tokimedo said:

got my VMP purple in, with the most GNARLY seam split on the top of the jacket... its like fully blown out.

 

now the question is, do i contact them and ask for a replacement? im not a VMP member but got the member shipping price and all that lol. 

Contact them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 7:33 PM, WolfGangnamStyle said:

Every album I've ordered from them has had a seam split. I would much prefer them shipping the record outside of the sleeve. Labels do it all the time with their new releases. 🤷‍♂️

True.
I've seen some stores give the option when purchasing, which is nice: 
a) Do you want them shipped sealed and risk split seams? 
or
b) Ship them unwrapped, with the record outside of the sleeve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My VMP copy arrived fine, just one slightly bent corner, but I don't think it had any bubble wrap at all - the album was just sliding back and forth in their slightly-too-big cardboard mailer. Seems lame for a company that claims to care as much as they do, although it did arrive fine so I can't complain.

 

Was also hoping the jacket would be the thick, embossed style like their Idler Wheel pressing.... no such luck. The purple LPs do look great though.

Edited by al-naafiysh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, al-naafiysh said:

Was also hoping the jacket would be the thick, embossed style like their Idler Wheel pressing.... no such luck. The purple LPs do look great though.

This is just a VMP variant, they didn't control the specifics of the pressing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×