40 year old record cleaner fluid

I have a bottle of Realistic professional anti-static record cleaner fluid to be used with my discwasher record brush. I used the fluid last 35-40 years ago, and it seems about 1/2-2/3 full. Is it still good?

Will the brush, without fluid, work well enough?

If the bottle is no good, is there a DIY mixture I could make up? If not, where would I get fluid like this again?

Not that I know much about record cleaner fluid, but I do wet clean my records on a vacuum machine and I'd never personally use old fluid - just sounds like a bad idea to me. I use MoFi Super Record wash, you can't really buy it super cheap in small quantities but a 32oz bottle (which is $30) tends to last me about 400-ish records in my cleaning machine.

I did a LOT of record cleaning research back when I was a grad student. Now as a lab director in metagenomics, I have some strict rules on cleanliness of solutions.

I throw out water in clean-rooms after a year. The growth of microbial communities can be seen in less than a month from opening a sterile water bottle.

I would throw out your bottle. Buy a MoFi Super Record Cleaner Wash, and you'll be good to go. DIY is just not worth it overall. I used to make lab grade record cleaner for people on this site 10yr ago. Cost for quality DIY vs MoFi is negligible.

• 2 weeks later...