PO (Soon): Khruangbin - Mordechai

Ent

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

You can tell it's the same exact stock variant, one just has the saturation jacked up. Same exact swirls.

Not only that, but even the background gradient is icing on the cake.  I guess it makes sense... it's hardly out of the norm for labels to use the same color pellets / variants for other releases in a similar timeframe, right?  Not a complaint from me.  I think there's been a ton of enticing options for both this album and that upcoming PB record.  If I was as susceptible to the variant game™ as I was 5-6 years ago, I'd be in a world of hurt.

42 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

The single is kind of boring. 

Probably gonna hold off on this one,with so many variants floating around, it won't be hard to find a nice copy for cheap.

I like the single quite a bit but holding off definitely won’t hurt you any.  Outside of the Secretly Edition which I don’t know how many were pressed, the others are /1000 or maybe more it seems you’ll have your choice of one

On 4/27/2020 at 6:22 PM, zdkaiser said:

Probably gonna hold off on this one,with so many variants floating around, it won't be hard to find a nice copy for cheap.

You say that now, but I count 6 colored variants of Con Todo el Mundo on Discogs, and none of them have copies for sale under $50. Granted, that's after two years, but the Turntable Lab, VMP and Secretly exclusives of this album are already sold out. Seems like this band is blowin up!

I dig the disco sound of the single. Not sure how I feel about a more vocal-heavy album, but I'm sure it will be great in its own way.

went w/ the secretly store version, but the vmp variant looked great too. this after forswearing the 'bin over shitty con todo pressings.

On 4/27/2020 at 1:35 PM, Fowty Dollaz said:

DO

doc193.lp-summersky.jpg

^^^ is there a name for this type of color/clear mix? secretly calls it "wave", which makes sense cuz wavy. but i've seen other similar pressings recently and haven't known what to call them. (ex: "brown ice" variant for new sunwatchers, "hazy sky" for the jeremy cunningham solo lp on northern spy)

13 minutes ago, conedust said:

went w/ the secretly store version, but the vmp variant looked great too. this after forswearing the 'bin over shitty con todo pressings.

^^^ is there a name for this type of color/clear mix? secretly calls it "wave", which makes sense cuz wavy. but i've seen other similar pressings recently and haven't known what to call them. (ex: "brown ice" variant for new sunwatchers, "hazy sky" for the jeremy cunningham solo lp on northern spy)

Don't really know, but it almost looks like a "hand pour" type variant. Not quite as cool, but pretty cool nonetheless.

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, sealed said:

Tried adding 1000 to my cart to check inventory. It was going to let me check out fully. 

Odd side note: I get free shipping, but it quoted shipping at over half a million dollars...??? That's $554 per record.

8 hours ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

This album is really good. Was really disappointed with that dub version of the last album and the Leon collaboration didn't do it for me either, so I passed on ordering this. I'll have to pick up a random pressing when I come across it.

Avoid the indie pink version. Lots of complaints on it being loaded with distortion. Poor pressing.