Hardcore / Punk Releases & Pre-Orders Thread

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

The focus of this thread is more hardcore, but I thought I'd share this anyway for those into it. I guess I could start a straight up punk rock thread? I've listened to all of their releases and I'm hearing Blitz, Sham 69, US Bombs, Bonecrusher, and The Heartbreakers. Good, anti-fascist, working class/oi music. https://deathridgeboys.bandcamp.com/merch

This is great. Got the tape a few weeks ago.

American Nightmare / Live at CBGB. Limited edition 7 inch vinyl record housed in a gatefold jacket.

Performed live by American Nightmare (Wes, Tim, Masek, Standhard & Brandon) at CBGB on December 10th, 2000. Recorded for $25 off the soundboard by Lucas Gonzalez and mastered by Will Killingsworth. The show line-up was Tear It Up, American Nightmare, Reach The Sky, Bane & Mouthpiece, and was booked by Rich Hall / 1000 Knives. Limited to a one time pressing of 2,500 copies.

Clear / 200

Red / 600

Blue / 1200

http://www.b9store.com/products/699872-american-nightmare-when-we-were-young

Heartworm /200 variant on White is already sold out but available in a bundle with a repress of the demo on a pic disc.

Edited by hallowken78

Not a Madball fan since the people I grew up around that are really into them I don't care about anymore. Not surprised at a few things.

- Not surprised that a lot of people went since people here are starving for shows. We're really spoiled in NYC with shows, and people have had a hard time living without shows.

- Not surprised at the lack of masks. It's been politicized and its no different here.

- Not surprised that people treated it like a normal show and didn't social distance. The shows that most of people are used to on this board aren't conducive to social distancing.

- Not surprised at the cop worship and a dude that showed up with a "Black Flag Matters" shirt. A bunch of hardcore dudes I know are relatively right wing for various reasons, and the situation here in NYC has hardened some right wing tendencies. My opinion of policing and city politics aside, this take is objective.

So I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

Edited by GradedOnACurve

My intro to HxC was when I lived in Louisville, KY back in '88 or so. So I got into the midwest style of HxC. I honestly never cared much for the NYHC...especially the more "thugish" and DMS bands like Madball and whatnot. It's like...we get it...you're all reppin' NYC and the birthplace of NYHC. It's tired and silly to me. 

But whatever. If people were that hard-up and starving for shows and felt like taking the risk at the show...by all means. It's your right and do whatever you want. But don't come at me calling me a "pussy" and whatnot b/c I'd rather err on the side of safety and well-being. 

I haven't watched the video or at least the parts with JJ and Springa and whatever they may have said. All I know is that I had a semblance of respect for JJ and his discipline and being hardline for taking care of himself...but when he started railing against the science and being an anti-vaxxer and diminishing the reality of COVID and the pandemic...that was it for me. I was out. 

To each their own I guess...but the hardcore scene has become a caricature of itself for a long while now. 

AND I can’t believe the guy who runs this is hardcore has been blocking people on Instagram and deleting their comments when they go to call him out. He’s handling it in a real childish manor. I wish more bands would be outspoken about how dumb that was, but so far they’ve all kept their mouths shut, probably because they don’t wanna ruin their chance to play this is hardcore in the future. 

Edited by Han Solo

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

AND I can’t believe the guy who runs this is hardcore has been blocking people on Instagram and deleting their comments when they go to call him out. He’s handling it in a real childish manor. I wish more bands would be outspoken about how dumb that was, but so far they’ve all kept their mouths shut, probably because they don’t wanna ruin their chance to play this is hardcore in the future. 

JoeHardcore has said in the past that the Ghost Ship Fire (that killed 36 people) was "a blessing in disguise" so my opinions of him are already pretty low.

Edited by prowl20