Hardcore / Punk Releases & Pre-Orders Thread

Nuclear Family records is having a crazy clear out right now of a bunch of rare hardcore records and tapes. Definitely something for everyone. I've been ordering from these guys a lot lately and they're great; reasonably priced shipping from the UK. 

https://www.nuclearfamilyrecords.co.uk/

Just to let you guys know, I am doing a third press of Indecision's Unorthodox right now on some fun new colors.  I've also updated the artwork and color corrected some things that were bothering me. It will still be on reverse board jackets but there is a fun hidden printing surprise with these new jackets and we expanded the insert to 11x17 folded poster instead of just the 11x11 insert and has some never before used photos.  This will technically be close to 25.5 years but we are considering this the 25th anniversary pressing.

It should be finishing up at the plant in early June.

Edited by xgrantx

Looking forward to seeing those! I have the Exit pressing but would love to have a remaster as well. Indecision were hugely important to me as a teen who was just learning what DIY really meant. I still have a long interview somewhere that I did via email with Justin sometime in 1996 or 1997 which was intended for a zine but ended up never getting published. 

3 hours ago, xgrantx said:

Just to let you guys know, I am doing a third press of Indecision's Unorthodox right now on some fun new colors.  I've also updated the artwork and color corrected some things that were bothering me. It will still be on reverse board jackets but there is a fun hidden printing surprise with these new jackets and we expanded the insert to 11x17 folded poster instead of just the 11x11 insert and has some never before used photos.  This will technically be close to 25.5 years but we are considering this the 25th anniversary pressing.

Looking forward to this!  Wish you could do those 1st 2 MPB records as well.

46 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

Looking forward to this!  Wish you could do those 1st 2 MPB records as well.

Maybe someday.  They used to be easy to get. I just checked discogs and they've gotten a little more scarce.  Deathwish pressed a lot of Our Lady. I remember them clearing some out for dirt cheap a while ago.  Nothing in Vain could definitely use a repress.  

2 hours ago, ParallelofDeath said:

Looking forward to seeing those! I have the Exit pressing but would love to have a remaster as well. Indecision were hugely important to me as a teen who was just learning what DIY really meant. I still have a long interview somewhere that I did via email with Justin sometime in 1996 or 1997 which was intended for a zine but ended up never getting published. 

This sounds so much better than the original press too!

2 hours ago, xgrantx said:

Maybe someday.  They used to be easy to get. I just checked discogs and they've gotten a little more scarce.  Deathwish pressed a lot of Our Lady. I remember them clearing some out for dirt cheap a while ago.  Nothing in Vain could definitely use a repress.  

Yeah, I hear ya.  I’ve got originals of both, would just be down for a remaster and some fancier packaging. 

40 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

Yeah, I hear ya.  I’ve got originals of both, would just be down for a remaster and some fancier packaging. 

Yeah.  I offered to remaster Merciless when we did it but they were pretty happy with it and felt it wasn't super necessary so we didn't.  I'd have to revisit the idea with them.  They are all super busy so it's hard to get them pinned down on things sometimes.

Not really sure where to put this. Couldn’t find a “screamo” thread when I looked, so I apologize if this doesn’t quite fit here. Repress of Laissez Vivre Les Squelettes by Daïtro on coke bottle green ltd. to 200. Album rules.

https://echocanyonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/preorder-echo-00-daitro-laisser-vivre-les-squelettes-lp-repress-ships-in-june-2022

21 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Not really sure where to put this. Couldn’t find a “screamo” thread when I looked, so I apologize if this doesn’t quite fit here. Repress of Laissez Vivre Les Squelettes by Daïtro on coke bottle green ltd. to 200. Album rules.

https://echocanyonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/preorder-echo-00-daitro-laisser-vivre-les-squelettes-lp-repress-ships-in-june-2022

Yeah this is a great one for sure.  I’ve tried to pitch this to a few friends over the years and they seem to get hung up on the fact the vocals are in French.  (Because English ones would be way more decipherable.)

17 hours ago, xgrantx said:

Def looking forward to this. I wish I could get into Artie’s vocals. Is the general consensus that everyone prefers Tom’s vocals? Those first two  albums are incredible

Edited by prowl20

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah this is a great one for sure.  I’ve tried to pitch this to a few friends over the years and they seem to get hung up on the fact the vocals are in French.  (Because English ones would be way more decipherable.)

That drumming is incredible. Definitely the my favorite Daïtro record. Y is tight and I feel like it gets the most praise but Laissez just hits the spot for me  

2 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

That drumming is incredible. Definitely the my favorite Daïtro record. Y is tight and I feel like it gets the most praise but Laissez just hits the spot for me  

It's the one I go back to the most too, but I really enjoy everything they've done.  Glad to see it's being kept in print, even if there's not a rabid demand for it.

1 hour ago, hallowken78 said:

I’m with you - Artie’s never been my favorite, especially in the wake of Tom.

I was a fan of Milhouse (if you haven't check out Obscenity in the Milk) before Artie joined Indecision and I think I was even at the first or one of the first shows he played with the band. I prefer Tom's vocals overall, but I don't mind Artie's at all and I don't think he deserves the antipathy he's received over the years. It's not like he forcefully pushed Tom out; he stepped in to keep the band going. It's just too bad there never was another Milhouse record.

3 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

Damn, I missed that Daïtro repress 🙁

Try this one out. 83 left as of me posting this.

http://echocanyonrecords.com/produit/daitro-laisser-vivre-les-squelettes-lp-repress/?fbclid=IwAR2c8THf3msoTLF31VN_EsFceov6j9njEod_zO05a6BpdFvtQYnsRNlo1BE

Edited by Bronchitis