Hardcore / Punk Releases & Pre-Orders Thread

We have a new 90s style vegan metalcore EP up for order now.  Vegan Justice FFO Day of Suffering, Earth Crisis, and xRepentancex.  http://bittermeodyrecords.bigcartel.com  RED Vinyl 7" is our color.  We have limited amounts of tests and the yellow and green colors too.

spacer.png

Also if you missed out on a Gold copy of Indecision Unorthodox and want one, shoot me a PM.  $25 ppd in US for the couple leftovers I have!

1 hour ago, ParallelofDeath said:

Really tempted to buy this. I own the discography that Temp Res did 10 years ago (which is missing a bunch of stuff) but has all of Lyburnum. Ugh 

Edited by prowl20

3 hours ago, ParallelofDeath said:

The progression of this band has been so good. EP is fantastic and everything I could've wanted from them

51 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

Loving the new songs. I wish bands would stop pressing 10 minutes of music onto a 12" EP though.

Unfortunately I think that's the way it's going to be from now on.  7"s historically don't sell very well and it's no longer 3 bucks to press one. You are lucky if you can get it done for 5ish bucks per and then you factor in the percent to the band, the percent you lose with paypal processing you have to sell them for 8+ and then hope you make your money back which you have to sell almost all of them to do. Making money is almost impossible for most releases on 7".  OR you can press it on an LP for 8-9 bucks packaged and sell it for 18-25 (label depending) and double your money per record.  I've said I wouldn't do anymore 7"s as a label but I have done one or two splitting it three ways with other labels but I don't think I'll ever do a 7" solo as a label again unless pricing drastically changes.

3 hours ago, xgrantx said:

Unfortunately I think that's the way it's going to be from now on.  7"s historically don't sell very well and it's no longer 3 bucks to press one. You are lucky if you can get it done for 5ish bucks per and then you factor in the percent to the band, the percent you lose with paypal processing you have to sell them for 8+ and then hope you make your money back which you have to sell almost all of them to do. Making money is almost impossible for most releases on 7".  OR you can press it on an LP for 8-9 bucks packaged and sell it for 18-25 (label depending) and double your money per record.  I've said I wouldn't do anymore 7"s as a label but I have done one or two splitting it three ways with other labels but I don't think I'll ever do a 7" solo as a label again unless pricing drastically changes.

Yeah, that makes total sense. Coming from someone that has six 75ct 7" boxes almost entirely filled up, I've bought next to zero new 7"s in the last few years (but have purchased single-sided 12" EPs), solely because as a consumer I couldn't justify $10-12 for one. These are the times I suppose.

12 hours ago, prowl20 said:

Yeah, that makes total sense. Coming from someone that has six 75ct 7" boxes almost entirely filled up, I've bought next to zero new 7"s in the last few years (but have purchased single-sided 12" EPs), solely because as a consumer I couldn't justify $10-12 for one. These are the times I suppose.

Yeah. I guess you could argue for bands to wait to record until they have a solid 25+ minutes but we all know that's not going to happen especially in hardcore. haha

43 minutes ago, ParallelofDeath said:

Spaced and Zulu basically did the same thing right? I like that approach. Although I also really like the 7" format and it's unfortunate that it's become so costly to make them.

Yeah. I like this approach too. Sometimes bands say no to that because they start to not like the ep or demo prior.  I've tried this a few times and been told no by bands.  With the High Cost LP I asked if they had any other songs to add. Turned out they had two songs recorded just no vocals so we got those finished and added them to fill out the LP. 

I’ll never understand people being alright with spending $25 on a 12” and not $12 on a 7” with the same exact material. Even though I don’t agree with it, I get it from a label prospective, but as a consumer it makes no sense. Let’s not even get into the waste of materials. 

Edited by mouthofinfinity

2 minutes ago, Streiti said:

This could become a real banger:

https://www.convulserecords.com/product/mspaint-post-american-12

Hard to describe - maybe a mix of Militarie Gun and Soft Kill

Got to see MS Paint a few times last year and they're really onto something. Instant order for me, can't wait to hear what they cooked up.