PO: O'Brother - You and I

https://obrother.bandcamp.com/

Vinyl copy of 'You and I' pressed on black with gold splatter, limited to 500. Instant download of the album included.

*Estimated ship date is 7/13/2020 and subject to change based on production timelines during the Covid 19 pandemic.

Includes unlimited streaming of You and I via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.

shipping out on or around July 6, 2020

edition of 500 

4 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

It’s May 1st right now the fees are currently waived 

I was just going to say that I could definitely be wrong but I thought the fees were waived as well starting at 12 AM EST time which is when the preorders/album officially dropped.

Edited by Juturna90

14 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

It’s May 1st right now the fees are currently waived 

9 minutes ago, Juturna90 said:

I was just going to say that I could definitely be wrong but I thought the fees were waived as well starting at 12 AM EST time which is when the preorders/album officially dropped.

It's 0000pst. So 0300 here on the East Coast for no fees. 

https://twitter.com/Bandcamp/status/1254811402344243203?s=20

Edited by dapeebs

• 1 month later...

Bandcamp <[email protected]>

8:26 PM (1 hour ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

0007136701_42.jpg

Hey everyone!

Thank you all for your support during these crazy times. We hope you’re staying safe, vigilant and supporting those that need it most right now.

All pressings of You and I are en route to us as we speak and we’re expecting them in the next two weeks. We’ll have your orders out within the following days.

Black lives matter. Wear a mask. Wash your hands.

Much Love,
OBRO

Comment on this message

Bandcamp

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, tokimedo said:

Are they really first second and third press if they are all pressed at the same time ? Wouldn’t this just be three variants across a first press ? Seems silly to call these 3 different pressings. 

My understanding is that they weren't originally all at the same time.

Though it sounds like there were delayed so maybe they ended up being pressed at the same time?

They had sold out of the first pressing, put in another order and put up the second pressing with the caveat that it would ship later, repeat for a third.  So had everything gone smoothly there would probably have been 1-2 months between "pressings" arriving in the mail.

1 hour ago, daegor said:

My understanding is that they weren't originally all at the same time.

Though it sounds like there were delayed so maybe they ended up being pressed at the same time?

They had sold out of the first pressing, put in another order and put up the second pressing with the caveat that it would ship later, repeat for a third.  So had everything gone smoothly there would probably have been 1-2 months between "pressings" arriving in the mail.

Got it. Just seemed odd putting up different “pressings” days apart and then receiving them all together, which makes you think they were all produced together at the same time, which makes sense because then it becomes cheaper. 

1 hour ago, tokimedo said:

Got it. Just seemed odd putting up different “pressings” days apart and then receiving them all together, which makes you think they were all produced together at the same time, which makes sense because then it becomes cheaper. 

pretty sure they SEVERELY underestimated the demand, otherwise yeah I'm sure they could have just saved a bunch of money ordering 3x the first time around, haha.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, rcafilm said:

This album has ended up growing a lot on me. Can anyone who picked up the vinyl comment on the quality? Trying to decide between shelling out for the third pressing or just grabbing the digital.

Something about listening to this one on vinyl hit me in a way streaming it didn’t.  I’d recommend it.

As for pressing quality, my copy was flat but did have a little surface noise in a couple of places out of the box. I’ll run it through the spin clean and it will probably be perfect.  Aside from those couple of pops, it’s a quiet and rich sounding pressing.

Edited by highfives
Words be tough