Zola Jesus Live At Roadburn 2018 (digital)

Zola Jesus Live At Roadburn 2018 is Zola Jesus first ever live album. Recorded at Roadburn Festival 2018 where Zola Jesus was invited by Jakob Bannon of Converge to play at his curated day.

The album will be released on May 8th 2020 on all other digital channels.

Also on May 8th 2020 pre-sales will start for the double vinyl and cd version. For a June 2020 release.

Zola Jesus is the stage name of Russian American musician Nika Roza Danilova. Under the name Zola Jesus, she has released a number of genre bending EPs and albums. Her approach is a cross pollination of electronic/industrial, classical, and gothic sounds. All of it coming together as a dark and emotional artistic experience.

Jacob Bannon (Converge) about inviting Zola Jesus for his curated day at Roadburn Festival 2018.

“I first heard Nika’s work on the “Stridulum”  EP (Sacred Bones, 2010). Every aspect of the release connected with me and it soon became a daily listen. The record (and all of her work) was relatable and infectious. I’ve been an avid listener ever since. Watching her artistry grow and deepen over time has been inspiring. “Okovi”, the latest from Zola Jesus is such a powerful album. I am truly honored to have Nika and Company at Roadburn 2018 as part of my curation.”

https://zolajesus.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-roadburn-2018

spacer.png

Zola Jesus:
Nika Roza Danilova - vocals, synth
Alex Degroot - guitar, electronics
Louise Woodward - viola

Mixed and mastered by James Plotkin
Audio registration at Roadburn Festival 2018 by Marcel van de Vondervoort and his team
Front sleeve artwork by Oejerum:
http://www.instagram.com/oejerum/

Sleeve by Maurice de Jong

Edited by burninworldrecs

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2020 at 10:24 AM, nil_by_mouth said:

It's always great when releases are exclusive to a source who overcharges for postage.  It's a pity; I'll be passing on this. 

Hi, when you say overcharge you are implying we charge too much for postage.

This is not the case. We charge what it costs us. So you can blame the whole chain of postal services from over here till the US (where you are based I guess) but not us. I'd prefer to ship them to you for free but I can't seem to find any shipper who will do it for that rate.
Plus there will be a surprise after July 1st: there will be another rise in shipping to the US all across the board. All EU-labels will suffer from this.

Thanks,

Jurgen

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2020 at 2:23 AM, burninworldrecs said:

Hi, when you say overcharge you are implying we charge too much for postage.

This is not the case. We charge what it costs us. So you can blame the whole chain of postal services from over here till the US (where you are based I guess) but not us. I'd prefer to ship them to you for free but I can't seem to find any shipper who will do it for that rate.
Plus there will be a surprise after July 1st: there will be another rise in shipping to the US all across the board. All EU-labels will suffer from this.

Thanks,

Jurgen

Belatedly...my comment was actually about the US carrier for this, District Lines; I understand shipping from the EU is expensive.