Bad Timing Records 2020 Vault Release

The 2020 Vault Release is coming at you tomorrow

Tomorrow at 2pm EST, you can find a re-stock of over 1,100 individual records in our web-store -- for releases from BTR-001 onward to present day. More info below.

Hello. Bad Timing Records has been a record label for almost 7 years now and through those 7 years, we have released some albums that have been popular and now they aren't available on vinyl anymore.

Tomorrow we are changing that for some releases.

The 2020 Vault Release happens tomorrow at 2pm EST on our webstore. Around that time, we will re-stock old releases with leftover records that we have had in storage for a while. These records, for the most part, are units that we stored for ourselves in case we ever had a need for more -- in some cases, there might be as many as 50+ copies of a release available in this drop tomorrow, but it's much more common to see 5-10 copies of a variant become available.

Some of these records might be a little damaged ... some creased or split jackets, minor defects like that. This is because they've been moved to and from Europe to America, to and from Bad Timing HQs in New Jersey, Philly and Boston, to and from physical distro warehouses. We removed all of the stock that we didn't feel comfortable selling, but we want you to know that your record might be a little dinged. We won't be doing refunds or exchanges for any of these releases except in extreme conditions (i.e. your record arrives totally warped/unplayable).

Amongst the titles included in this drop tomorrow are some of our best-selling releases of all time ... we have both BTR-001 (Acceptance's Phantoms) and BTR-002 (Valencia's We All Need A Reason To Believe) coming back for the first time in years. We have Knuckle Puck 7"s and 12"s that have been OOP since moments after they were released. We have Kevin Devine 12"s and 2xLPs coming back for the first time in a while, and we have copies of almost every single Devinyl Splits release coming available -- including subscriber-exclusive variants. We have plenty more.

At this link, you can peruse all the titles that will be available tomorrow starting at 2pm EST. Click into the products you're interested in to learn more about which variants are coming available tomorrow. You can check out the pages anytime between right now at 2pm EST tomorrow -- at that time, the pages will switch to on-sale mode.

Be ready tomorrow at 2pm EST at that link. Our webstore is managed directly by me and Zack, and we have to flick the "on" button for every page individually -- some will be available right at 2pm EST, some might take until 2:02 or 2:04pm EST or whatever.

Some pro tips from the guys in charge to you loyal newsletter readers -- if you're interested in anything here -- add it to your cart as quickly as you can. Once something is in your cart, you get a few minutes to check out. If you close your tab or never check out, it'll be removed from your cart and released back to the wild for anyone to buy ... but it takes a while for that to happen.

So feel free to add whatever you want to your cart then take a few minutes to peruse the other pages and see if there's anything else you want to buy before you submit your order.

On the flip side: If something you wanted appears as though it is sold out, keep trying that page every few minutes to see if anything comes back in stock. If you try every few minutes but aren't seeing anything in there by 3pm EST or so, you're probably out of luck. Feel free to tweet me directly (@ThomasNassiff) if you're trying to buy something and having issues. It's honestly probably the easiest way to help you guys out on the fly.

It feels wild that we can do something like this -- put up over 1,100 records back into stock from releases from the past seven years and know that a lot of them will sell out instantly -- but the main reason we're in a position to do something like this is because you all are dope people who have always generously supported both our little label and all of the great artists that we work with. We're really happy and excited to be able to get this out to you all.

May the odds be ever in your favor, tomorrow at 2pm EST right here.

http://badtimingrecords.newsletters.limitedrun.com/campaigns/9f5ff2ea-b04c-4455-b9b5-93f19e9081a7/emails/26022317-9091-452e-b0d6-ea5c11ed1b3b

Edited by Wasda Deelwifkramer

5 hours ago, Woeful_Town_FC said:

Perhaps naive on my part but is this standard practice for a label; to hold numbers back, even on very limited pressings (ie up to 10 of ~200 on the Mansions album)? Or is this just an accident of stock control at the outset?

I don't own a label or anything, but I've always figured that labels withheld some copies in case of shipping damages, people complaining about seam splits and slight warps, etc. I know Topshelf has done these "restock sales" in the past. Maybe one of the labels guys on the forum can answer with more knowledge.

Gonna try to scoop Valencia and maybe some KP stuff. Good luck everyone!

1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

I don't own a label or anything, but I've always figured that labels withheld some copies in case of shipping damages, people complaining about seam splits and slight warps, etc. I know Topshelf has done these "restock sales" in the past.

Also not a label person, but have heard a bunch of stories related to stuff like this. Yeah, pretty standard practice.

One, it takes a lot of effort on their part to put an album out, so it would make sense to hold onto at least one copy. Jeremy from Touche Amore recently did a live stream and mentioned a story where he helped the team at Deathwish organize their rare and archive storage where they had all the really rare stuff, or 1-2 variants of stuff they put out.

Two, "breakage" as they mentioned earlier. You sell all 800 copies of something, even if you're perfect at packaging, USPS will break stuff and 1-2 people are going to complain about seam splits or something. So you either hold a few back, or look like a jerk who doesn't want to help someone who bought your stuff. Most labels just order extras of the outer sleeve to solve this problem though.

Three, as mentioned in the press release here, some of these being released are basically records they "found". Maybe they sent them to Europe to be sold and that distributor wanted to get rid of them, maybe they found a handful in the respective bands storage that they were going to sell on Tours (August Burns Red recently had this happen).

7 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

I had to refresh a few times but managed to get the America variant for While I Stay Secluded, the Oak Street Flexi, and the ND/KP Split Banquet Version. All for $41 shipped, so I'm pretty happy. 

Was trying to get a copy of Acceptance for people here since it sounded like a common request but no dice.

I didn't see the Oak Street flexi on there.

Edited by Wasda Deelwifkramer

I felt misled by the email they sent out. They said that you had time to checkout with the items in your cart, and if you didn’t within a few minutes they’d be released to others. So, I figured I was getting really lucky adding items to my cart assuming that meant the website was telling others they couldn’t even be added to their carts because they were already in shopping carts. 

Of course, it’s not the end of the world, but at least I know this going into next time I am shopping a limited run webstore.